Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - not tracking correct distance when running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a suspicion that my charge 3 isn't correctly tracking my distance when running. Today this was confirmed after participating in a 10km race. 

My Fitbit said I had only run 9km for the whole run, and had an incorrect calculation of my time per km as a result.

I think this is as the Bluetooth connection drops while I run (which is ridiculous as my phone is in my jacket pocket right next to my wrist)

In order to troubleshoot, have reinstalled the app and connected my device, I reset my Fitbit prior to going for a run, every run and turn my bluetooth off and on again. But nothing seems to help.

I'm at a loss of what else to do

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

We cannot tell anything about distance without knowing whether or not you were connected to your phone's GPS.  We're talking about 2 different ways of measuring distance.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it's connected to gps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same question.  Yesterday I clocked 1.5 miles distance in my car and when I ran it in the evening my Fitbit said 1.1 miles for the same distance.  Crazy I have been running like .5 more to get 3 miles in.  I guess that can be good but I would like it to be accurate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the latest app update the Fitbit isn't tracking distances correctly. This happens every now and then after an app update. Quality control? Testing? Non-existent, it seems....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 3 for several months now, it has always been accurate until recent weeks.  I also ran a 10K race recently and instead of tracking 6.2 miles it tracked 5.7.  I also ran a 5 mile route that I have tracked before with no issues and tracker only measured 4.22 miles.  

I am using connected GPS, I have tried resetting, switching bluetooth and phone on and off and so on and so forth...

Do Fitbit have any intention of fixing this issue?  I am on my third Fitbit and none of them seem to last more than 12 - 24 months which is pretty poor for the cost of them.  

The Charge 3 has been particularly unreliable, with the screen blacking out for no reason until I can get to my charger and reset it on several occasions, now it is only tracking about 90% of distance run - it's fairly frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. My screen blacks out and doesn't respond. When I first purchased the charge 3 it was rather accurate, but now it consistently miscalculates the distance in races. For instance, I ran a 5k today and tracked it at 3.9 miles which caused my split times to be off. This has happened to nearly every race this fall. I have my phone in my pocket, wait for the my watch to sync and followed every "tip" listed. Has anyone seen any resolutions to this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes