Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't track sleep and is replicating data on app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Charge 3 for weeks now, first sleep entry was 10th October and it worked perfectly well up until the 31st October (including an afternoon nap) and then has not tracked a sleep since. 

I have not adjusted my strap position on my wrist as it has always been at the same area.

Also when I look at the app on my phone I have 6 copies of my sleep data from the 10th October- very bizarre.

Fitbit please advise on the best course of action both for getting the sleep tracking to restart and how to remove/stop the extra copies of the data appearing on my app.

Many thanks,

A

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi, @ALKP27, for your app issue, I would recommend re-downloading the app, as it sounds like something may have go corrupted.  Don't worry: re-downloading the app will not affect your data in any way -- just make sure that when you log back in you use the same email address and password that you used to set up your Fitbit account.

I would also suggest re-starting your Charge 3.  Instructions are here.  You are usually advised to repeat the restart procedure 2 or 3 times, as a single restart does not always work.  You will know your Fitbit has restarted when you see the logo.

It is always a good idea to try a restart whenever your Fitbit is not behaving as expected, as a restart will shut down any background activities that may be interfering with normal function. 

If after restarting and redownloading your sleep is still not being detected, you may want to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com and they will take it from there.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @ALKP27, it's nice to see you here! I'd totally go for what my friend @Julia_G says! Woman Very Happy 

As a friendly reminder, sleep stages are based on heart rate data. So, make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit

The duplicate sleep data is an app issue, been there for a while. Only happens when you click on the sleep day, return to all sleep data and you'll see a duplicate entry of all days. Repeat the process and it'll keep duplicating.

It'll restore itself when you return to the main menu, but will happen again if you check a sleep day. So yea, that needs to be fixed. 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @Skyrider! As per the description of your post, when you swipe to see the information from previous days, only the Main tile (steps, floors, calories burned, active minutes and distance) will update. The other tiles will only show "Today's" information. In order to check the information from previous days in tiles such as Water, Sleep and Reminders to move, please tap on each tile, where you will find detailed information and a complete graph of your stats.

I hope this can be helpful, if after tapping the sleep tile you're still not able to see the logs from previous days (different sleep data than the one you're keep seeing), please let me know and if you need anything else, feel free to reply!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Skyrider wrote:

@MarreFitbit

The duplicate sleep data is an app issue, been there for a while. Only happens when you click on the sleep day, return to all sleep data and you'll see a duplicate entry of all days. Repeat the process and it'll keep duplicating.

It'll restore itself when you return to the main menu, but will happen again if you check a sleep day. So yea, that needs to be fixed. 

Thanks for this, much appreciated 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anytime @ALKP27Woman Very Happy Did we solve your concern or inquiry?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit

The duplicate entry issue still needs to be resolved though as it's an app issue. Last fitbit app update of last week I think? Didn't solve it. While it's not exactly a huge issue, it can be bothersome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too. First night with this device and my data showed up 4x. Deleted 3 but all disappeared! WT...???

Buuggggy!! 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for providing me with more details @Skyrider and @metsker! Please do the following:

1. Restart Charge 3.
    2. If restarting the device doesn't resolve the issue, perform a long restart.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable. 
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen. 

Also, for the Fitbit app let's do the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

On a side note, I'd appreciate if you guys can check your Sleep History on the Fitbit.com web dashboard to see if you're also having duplicate sleep logs. 

Looking forward to your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit

Don't want to be a pain, but as I said.. this issue is caused by the android fitbit app. It doesn't happen on the device, it doesn't happen on the website. The duplication is a "view" issue. It shows duplicate entries but in reality there are no duplicates. By going to the main menu of fitbit the duplicates will disappear.

Again, app issue. Reinstalling, restarting, etc will not work as this is caused by the app as a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...and Ive only owned mine 24 hours...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back guys @Skyrider and @metskerI have moved your post from the Charge 3 board to the Android board as this is an issue related to the app and not the watch itself. In here your post will get more focused attention from our Community Members.

I appreciate you have let me know about this issue. Our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit

Thanks. But I find it weird the fitbit app was just updated for me and the duplication issue is still persistent. Appears it's not even fixed yet, and the team should have been aware of it for a while now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Skyrider your faith in fitbit is I am afraid about to be shaken. If you look around this forum you will see that some of the problems with this app go back years. So please don't hold your breath. 

Best Answer
0 Votes