Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 charger went bad

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchase my charge 5. In November 2022 last week the charger stopped working. Fitbit will do nothing. I have to buy a new charger and if that doesn't work I guess get a new watch. Didn't even last a year and a half. What a waste. Poor quality

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Cath1366   If you never cleaned the contacts before, try cleaning the contacts on the Charge 5 with some rubbing alcohol.  Although not specifically endorsed by Fitbit, I gently clean my device charging contacts with a very soft toothbrush.  Gently clean the contacts on the charging cable with alcohol and a Q-tip.  Be very, very careful so you don't push a pin in.  If a pin has been pushed in, you will need a new charging cable.  Did you try other charging blocks or outlets?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Cath1366   If you never cleaned the contacts before, try cleaning the contacts on the Charge 5 with some rubbing alcohol.  Although not specifically endorsed by Fitbit, I gently clean my device charging contacts with a very soft toothbrush.  Gently clean the contacts on the charging cable with alcohol and a Q-tip.  Be very, very careful so you don't push a pin in.  If a pin has been pushed in, you will need a new charging cable.  Did you try other charging blocks or outlets?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died yesterday after 14 months and fitbit has no answer but im SOL. And gotta buy a new one at full price. $150 an barely get a year out of it. Waste of $$

Best Answer
0 Votes