Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing due to location services

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have gone through all the tips online. I have reset the fit bit. I have restarted my Bluetooth. I have restarted my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I NEVER had trouble syncing until this crazy "must have your location on to sync" started. When I have been able to sync in the last year, it takes hours before it works. I am almost done with your product. Fix this. Make the sync work without this much trouble EVERY TIME, or I will by a similar product from another company.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Frustr8edUser, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response and I can understand your frustration.

I appreciate your feedback on this matter and you did good in trying those troubleshooting steps on your own to address this issue. Note that with location services, Google changed its permission requirements beginning with Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow). As a result the locations permission is necessary to sync your tracker with your Android device.

As a matter of review I would like to share with you the following help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the issue continue, I suggest to keep an eye in the next app version. We have started rolling out a new version for the Fitbit app in Android that will gradually become available for all our users. If you are not able to see the update now, try later. For more details refer to this post: Android app version 2.74 is now available - 7/2

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes