Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing multiple trackers is overwriting my information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a flex, flex 2, and alta on 1 account.  When I sync my flex 2 the alta and flex jump ahead of the flex 2 and sync first removing my steps and active minutes.  Both the alta and flex have 0 steps, 0 active minutes, zero data so now the app says 0 for everything.  I constantly have to manually input my data.  How do I sync 1 tracker without the other 2 trackers jumping the line and syncing first.  I have my bluetooth off, select flex 2, select sync, it tells me turn on bluetooth, then alta syncs, then flex, and flex 2 last.  No wonder I am losing all my data.  Everything was working fine until the Jan 2018 update.  All the solutions given to me don't work. Help

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @daffney133, good to see you one more time!  My apologies for the late response and I'm wondering if the issue persists? I appreciate the fact you have mentioned that troubleshooting steps have been tried already. 

Note that there is not option to choose which tracker is going to sync, this is randomly as the app will search all the available trackers near your phone paired to your account. However what it raise my curiosity, is that the app will not overwrite data stored on your trackers for data that has not being saved for those not in use. I suspect this is more related to syncing issues, and the data is not being transferred from your tracker.

Something that you can try is to remove those trackers that are not frequently use, with the intention to leave only one tracker paired to your Dashboard and make sure if the issue persist, if your information is not syncing, you can give it a try to these recommendations: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

As you are testing the syncing of each of your tracker you can go and add them gradually to verify if the issue is related to the fact you are using multiple trackers.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes