Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't pair with Samsung Galaxy S6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a brand new Charge HR with v35 firmware which will not pair with my Samsung Galaxy S6 SM920F running Marshmallow (Android v6.0.1). It is fully charged; I left it connected to a wall charger over night. I have the android fitbit app v3.9 installed (uninstalled, reinstalled per one of the troubleshooting threads). I followed the app instructions to pair with the Charge HR, holding the button for 3 secs. The display (which I am unfamiliar with) appears to start a stopwatch, or display the time. The app just churns "Searching" and eventually pops-up the troubleshooting dialog. 

I have tried:

Restarting Bluetooth

Rebooting to factory settings: Hold button for 30 seconds while connected to PC via USB

Unpairing other Bluetooth devices, i.e my Jabra device in my car

Pairing via Windows 10 using the Windows app. It required a firmware update, but then fails in the same way the Andoid app fails.

Also noticed:

Though I am trying to pair via the FitBit app and not via Bluetooth settings on my phone, I see a device called Force turn up when I scan for devices. As best I can tell it is some kind of intercom device used by bikers. But it is not mine, and it refuses pairing if I attempt to initiate from the phone.

Somehow I am accumulating calories burned, showing in the dashboard of the android app, the windows app and my fitbit.com home page. But I have not worn it yet. My dashboard shows "No device paired."

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's nice to have you here in the Community @SFGrynch, welcome Woman Very Happy! Thanks for letting me know what you've tried already. 

Before trying again the set up process, check the requirements:

-  You set up your tracker using the Fitbit app and didn't try to set up your tracker using your device's Bluetooth settings instead. Fitbit trackers require that you use the Fitbit app. If you see "Incorrect Pin or Password Error" on iOS, Android, or Windows 10, you probably tried to set up using Bluetooth settings. Note that with Windows 8.1+ mobile devices, setting up through Bluetooth settings will appear to work initially but you won't be able to sync your tracker.

-  Your device's operating system (software) is updated to the latest version. To verify:

• Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version. If an update is available, install it.

-  Bluetooth is enabled on your device. To verify:

• Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is off, turn it on.

-  Make sure about the following:

1. Power Saving Mode is off. This mode frequently causes the device to disable Bluetooth. 
    2. If you're using Android Marshmallow, you granted the Fitbit app access to the requested features of your mobile device. The Fitbit app requires certain permissions in order to set up, pair, and sync your tracker. For more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?
  1. The tracker is not already set up ("paired") to your account. If you're looking at your Fitbit dashboard and you see the tracker name at the top, set up is done.

If all the requirements are met and your still can't set up your tracker, make sure your charged tracker is near your computer or mobile device and do the following:

1. Restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Try the setup process again.
  3. Reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your tracker again.
  5. If you have access to a computer, try setting up with your computer using the computer instructions in How do I set up my tracker?
  6. If you can't set up with a computer, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app and and try setting up your tracker again. 

Let me know if this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
- You set up your tracker using the Fitbit app and didn't try to set up
your tracker using your device's Bluetooth settings instead. Fitbit
trackers require that you use the Fitbit app. If you see "Incorrect Pin or
Password Error" on iOS, Android, or Windows 10, you probably tried to set
up using Bluetooth settings. Note that with Windows 8.1+ mobile devices,
setting up through Bluetooth settings will appear to work initially but you
won't be able to sync your tracker.

Greg: Correct, I am consistently trying to pair from the FitBit app on my
android phone. Also fails using the dongle and Eindows app.

- Your device's operating system (software) is updated to the latest
version. To verify:
Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version. If an
update is available, install it.

Greg: Confirmed: Android Marshmallow 6.0.1

- Bluetooth is enabled on your device. To verify:
Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is off, turn
it on.

Greg: Confirmed, over and over

- Make sure about the following:
Power Saving Mode is off. This mode frequently causes the device to disable
Bluetooth.

Greg: Confirmed

-If you're using Android Marshmallow, you granted the Fitbit app access to
the requested features of your mobile device. The Fitbit app requires
certain permissions in order to set up, pair, and sync your tracker. For
more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app
on my Android mobile device?

Greg: When I install from the PlayStore, I am not prompted to grant any
permissions. When I start up the app and begin the pairing process, I am
then prompted to grant Location access, but no others. I then went in and
granted all the other permissions that appeared via
Settings-->Applications-->FitBit-->Permissions. Still fails to pair. I
uninstall. Reinstalled. Turned on all permissions via Application. Still
fails.

-The tracker is not already set up ("paired") to your account. If you're
looking at your Fitbit dashboard and you see the tracker name at the top,
set up is done.

Greg: It is not paired.

If all the requirements are met and your still can't set up your tracker,
make sure your charged tracker is near your computer or mobile device and
do the following:

Restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?

Try
the setup process again. Reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then
back on). Try setting up your tracker again. If you have access to a
computer, try setting up with your computer using the computer instructions
in How do I set up my tracker?

If
you can't set up with a computer, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app
and and try setting up your tracker again.

Greg: Tried all of these thing multiple times. Thee is no evidence on
either device that pairing is happening, or trying to happen but lacking
access or permission.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying what I've suggested my friend @SFGrynch! At this point I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly. 

They will do a deeper investigation and see why your buddy is not connecting through your Android phone, when contacting them just don't forget to mention all the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones. 

Don't lose the hope my friend, you'll be in great hands! Keep me updated! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for this explanation! I got a Charge 2 today, setup and synced with my pc in notime, but I didn't manage to sync with my Huawei P8 Lite. 

I read that many users experience this problem, so good to know that the problem was finally solved following these steps mentioned by @MarreFitbit

I tried all the steps several times, of rebooting the phone + resetting the charge2, turning on + off blue tooth on my phone, uninstalling + reinstalling the app. Nothing worked.

I think turning off the POWER SAVE (and adding the fitbit app to the protected apps) within these settings, is what finally helped me out.

Thanks very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is rubbish.  I had a Charge HR, which ended up with a battery that died after 4hrs.  Fortunately it was under warranty, but as the Charge HR is no longer available, the shop sent me a Charge 2.  Now, the Charge 2 no longer comes with a dongle, so I can't connect to my MacBook, and it wont connect to the Huawei P8Lite (Over 10 million handsets sold by Jan 2016).

Most annoyed.  What should I do, buy a new computer, new phone, or ditch Fitbit????

Best Answer