Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't sync with Samsung Galaxy J7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Charge HR used to sync with my phone, but lately, it tells me that it was 'rejected'.  Then it says it wants my location setting turned on, but it never used to.  Any advice?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @flamingonutjudy! Thanks for joining the Forums.

Since the Samsung Galaxy J7 is not currently a supported device, situations like this might happen. Because the app is not fully optimized for that mobile, we cannot guarantee that syncing will work correctly 100% of the time. 

Perhaps you could use a computer or another mobile device or tablet to sync your Fitbit?

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @flamingonutjudy! Thanks for joining the Forums.

Since the Samsung Galaxy J7 is not currently a supported device, situations like this might happen. Because the app is not fully optimized for that mobile, we cannot guarantee that syncing will work correctly 100% of the time. 

Perhaps you could use a computer or another mobile device or tablet to sync your Fitbit?

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's too bad, it is a nice phone.

Best Answer

Worked fine until yesterday. What changed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have had a Galaxy J7 for about 3 weeks and it has been syncing perfectly (well, as perfectly as any other device at least).  Some things I check and try when syncing isn't working:

1. Make sure your phone is connected to the internet - won't sync otherwise

2. Turn bluetooth off, wait a couple of seconds, then back on on the phone

3. If above doesn't work, power down the phone and power back up.  While this is going on, power down your Fitbit and power back up.

If none of the above works I have some other (more desperate) ideas...

Best Answer

Hey @flamingonutjudy@apricetx1 and @vol!

@flamingonutjudy and @vol, perhaps you could try what @apricetx1 mentioned. He has the same mobile and perhaps that would do the trick.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I can't get it to pair with my J7 phone. It says no Bluetooth devices can be found. I tried all of your solutions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the J7 be fully supported?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Stranan. Hi @vol.

At this moment we do not have any news on when, or if, we  can expect it to be added. Please do know that we take all comments into consideration and we're looking to offer compatibility in more devices. 

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't pair to my charger but will to hubbies charger 2. Does that make any since. Also when did it quit working with  the j7 prime ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Rickskitty.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter.

Did you first sync your husband's Fitbit to your phone or did you try your Fitbit first? 

If the former, it is possible that the phone paired to your husband's Charge 2. So that your Fitbit can sync you'd need to end that pairing. You can do so by going into the Bluetooth settings in your phone and removing the Charge 2 from the paired devices list.

If the latter, it might just be the incompatibility of the J7 Prime. Because the phone is not on the Compatibility list, we cannot guarantee that it will work. Having said that, you can try these steps. Some users have been able to sync with incompatible phones after troubleshooting their devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wrote to Fitbit and the said the Samsung Galaxy J7 is not compatible with
the fitbit charge HR. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stranan.

Thanks for your experience with us.

As I mentioned above, you could still try the troubleshooting steps I mentioned as they have worked for some users with incompatible phones. It is definitely worth a try.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope this may help for those who try .. let me know though if it works. This method worked for me on both Samsung J7 and J5 and OnePlus 2.. 

1. Unpair remove your device from ur bluetooth list (If you can)

2. Switch off ur fitbit (make sure u consult ur manual on how to do this properly as it can be tricky)

3. Install a fresh copy of fitbit app. if u have it installed UNINSTALL IT and reboot ur phone

4. next switch on ur Location/GPS on ur mobile

5. Switch on ur fitbit

6. on ur mobile switch off bluetooth (if its on ) and turn in back on after 5 secs

7. OPen the fitbit app and follow the instructions and allow/accept any connection between app and fitbit 

hope that helps.... 

Best Answer

just to add-on after step 4 above... make sure ur internet is switch on (wifi or data) works atleast for the first time.....

Best Answer

Hello @CyberW0lf

Thanks for taking the time to share those steps! I'm sure that other users will definitely find them useful! 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have same phone.  My PC is Windows7.  Will it work?

Thank you.

-Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes