Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger HR heart rate no measurement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi. My fitbit charger hr is displaying my heart rate on the device and syncing to the app, the app says there are no measurements for heart rate. I have tried to reset and unpair and repair the decice but that doesnt help. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! hmmm sounds pretty weird that there are no heart rate measurements on the Android app after you sync. Have you experienced this before? 

In the meantime I would like you to please take a look into the instructions on @ErickFitbit post about how to see your heart rate on the Android app. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have experienced this. Right after sync it will show empty heart rate, but not only that. If I access the heart rate screen, it will not show the updated chart. It takes a few actions (going back and forth within the app) so things finally update. The data is there but I've found the app is either showing some bugs or it takes a while to process (and there is no feedback that might be happening in the background).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @gtirloni! So you can only see your heart rate data after log out and log in from the Fitbit app or after you wait a while for it to updated, right? if that is the case, let me ask you something, can you please make sure that you have the most updated Operation system and the latest version of the Fitbit app on your Android device? 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HeydyF, I have Android Mashmallow 6.0.1 and FitBit 2.26 (2182984). My Charge HR is running firmware version 18.122.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gtirloni We just released an update for the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.27. I recommend confirming that you're on the latest version and then trying it again. Do you still experience the same? Are you ever able to see the heart rate data?

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi @ErickFitbit,

I've just installed 2.27 and these are my observations.

Heart rate in Dashboard

• When the app is started, it'll automatically initiate a Sync with my Charge HR. At this time I'm still seeing "-- bpm"  and "79 bpm resting"
  • About 5-10sec after the sync finished, it will show some heart rate number in place of the "-- bpm". This will appear for 1-3 seconds and then it will go back to "-- bpm". The Charge HR remains connected (battery status and blue signal icon appears)
  • Sometimes the heart rate will be updated continuously and stay like that. It seems that after 1-2 minutes, the app will estabilize and the heart rate will always be shown. This is better than in previous version (2.26) which always showed "-- bpm".

Heart rate dive in

• Going into the heart rate option, I will see the "Today" row and it has not been updated. The graph is stuck at around noon (it's 7PM now). Additionally, touching the "Today" row does nothing (no action happens; it does not go to next screen to see today's details)
  • In order to make the "Today" row "clickable" I have to either click on the "?" option or that little square to see week/month/year stats. When I do that and go back to the heart rate screen, now selecting the "Today" row works
  • When I go out of today's heart rate stats back into the generic heart rate screen, Today's graph finally updated (it's not stuck at noon anymore).
  • Going back to the Dashboard and then trying to access the Heart Rate screen again, the behavior returns: I cannot select any of the days to see detailed heart rate stats. I have to repeat the process (click on "?" or square icon, etc, etc.)

This new version feels more responsive but there are still these issues I reported above.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gtirloni Thanks for the detailed decriptions! This is super useful!

Interesting, I was trying to recreate the behavior that you wrote about above but was unable to recreate it with version 2.27 of the Fitbit app for Android. I recommend trying the following:

1. Go into the Applications Manager in your phone's settings
  2. Click on the Fitbit app
  3. Click on Clear Cache to clear the app cache
  4. Open the Fitbit app for Android and check if you're able to open the heart rate graph now with no issues.

Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately that didn't work.

1. Clear app cache
2. Opened FitBit
3. Selected Heart rate
4. Tried to select today's heart rate line -> nothing happens

Next I uninstalled the app, installed it and logged in again and had
the same error the first time I opened it.

I then proceed to the following:

1. Sync my Charge HR for the last time
2. Logged out
3. Clear app cache
4. Clear app data
5. Force closed app
6. Uninstalled app
7. Installed app
8. Logged in
9. Clicked Heart Rate
10. Tried to click Today's Heart rate -> nothing happens

Going into the week/month/year view and back continues to work as a workaround.

I thought the password manage app I use (which needs overlay access
over other apps to input passwords) could be causing some issues so I
uninstalled it and repeated the process, but the issue persisted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Something funny that might aid in tracking this down.

When I can't click on today's heart rate and I use the workaround (click the square for week/month/year) and today's works, I can keep going back and forth between today's heart heart and the general view. And it works every single time.

However, if I go back one level up to the Dashboard, then today's heart rate stops working in the same way again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gtirloni I hope you're doing well! Try cleaning the cache of the app one more time. Also, log out from the app, reboot your phone, and log back in. Let me know if you have access to the graphs after doing that.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer