Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear "Fitbit Sync Service--Sync in Progress" Notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There's already a post about this, but the solution does not explain how to make the notification go away. 
This notification seems to be permanently glued to the top of my screen. I've restarted my phone. I've updated the software. I've checked the notification. It's still there. It's like the Ouija board of notifications. As you can see, the "clear" button is grayed out, so that's not an option. Tell me I don't have to delete Fitbit from my phone to get rid of this thing. Is there any other way? All I want is to remove the notification. Screenshot_20180825-115621_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you have the "keep alive widget" turned on.

in the Fitbit app, select your device and then go to the very bottom of that page. you can then toggle the keep alive widget to the off position. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @WalkingDahlia.

Thanks for sharing that screen shot.

It could be related to the All-Day Sync. I'd recommend trying to turn that option off in your Fitbit app. You can do so by tapping on the top-right corner of the app and then tapping on your the picture of your Fitbit. There, look for the All-Day Sync option and turn it off, if it is not already. That should help with this notifications message.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like you have the "keep alive widget" turned on.

in the Fitbit app, select your device and then go to the very bottom of that page. you can then toggle the keep alive widget to the off position. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much! It's gone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WalkingDahlia and @Sheep_Dog.

@Sheep_Dog Thanks for sharing what helped you out to remove that notification! I'll be sure to link other users to your post in case they are experiencing the same situation.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can help out in any way.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and I still have that notification. It will not go away

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Tlb5000.

Thanks for trying that before posting in here.

Let's try to follow these steps to get rid of that notifications:

1. Press and hold on the notification.
  2. Turn the notification off. 
  3. Tap Done.

That should do the trick! Please give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! That notification was SOOO annoying, but I was able to get rid of it using your solution! This just made my DAY! 🙂 

Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @MsKayT1922!

I am very glad to read that the restart did work and remove the notifications.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. Maybe there is something that you'd like to share or something that piques your interest.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case due the constant disconnection and the lack of recieving notifications, i would like to know how do i turn that back on... I had it once and disappeared by itself and now i don't know how to turn it back... I have a versa 2 and i dont see the keep alive option... Thanx

Best Answer
0 Votes