Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy 8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any word on an update to the Blaze so I can once again receive notifications?  Hoping I don't have to go to a different brand of tracker.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Jackab722, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. 

Note that the Galxy 8+ is not listed as compatible. Fitbit is the first fitness device to offer Bluetooth Smart syncing with many mobile phones, however not all of these devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. Rest assure our teams are constantly testing devices to make wider the selection of Android devices that are compatible with the Fitbit app and its features.

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added.

I'm wondering if you are able to sync other information, if you do it wont hurt to try the following steps from this post for call notifications:

See you around and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just seems to me that if I am running the correct version of Android
(4.3 it higher) that it shouldn't take much to make it compatible. I am
receiving only fitbit notifications. I have tried all of the suggested
fixes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

. Rest assure our teams are constantly testing devices to make wider the selection of Android devices that are compatible with the Fitbit app and its features.

When was the last time the list was updated? 

I put it to you that Fitbit are not constantly testing new devices because there are many popular handsets from major brands which are still not on the list after years. LG G4, LG G5, Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus, Moto Z, Moto Z Play, One Plus 2/3/3T, Moto Z Force, Google Pixel/PixelXL, HTC10, the list goes on.. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

Hello @Jackab722 and @Dragonfruit

Thank you a lot for all the feedback provided. I know that this might be a little bit frustrating but we're working every day to make the best products and services and the comments like yours make us grow every day.

I'd also like to mention that you can sync your Fitbit tracker using a different compatible mobile device or a computer using the Fitbit Connect software.

See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once again , doesn't make much sense for you to keep telling me to sync my
Blaze to another compatible device. I only have one phone. Additionally I
have taken out my old garmin tracker and it syncs and receives
notifications just great with my new phone. I should have known not to
purchaes a fitbit product. Can't see why the garmin company seems to have
this fixed when fitbit can't.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get notifications again. I upgraded from Galaxy Note 5 to the Galaxy S8 plus. You have to turn off the blaze. Log out of the fitbit application and turn off Bluetooth. Log into fitbit app again, turn on Bluetooth and turn on the Blaze.  Pair the device and phone. Go into advanced settings and turn on all permissions, automatic locations, and notification widget.  Takes about 10 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this. I just got my blaze today and it took forever to update/sync. Like 25 minutes, when it said only about 10. I just tried again, checking settings and such, but it did not do the long sync. I am really bummed that this is not working. My Charge HR is not syncing as much and I got this as an upgrade. So sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I first purchased my 8+ my Blaze would not receive notifications. I
started emailing daily for about 4 weeks. I all of a sudden started
receiving notifications but couldn't sync with Amazon music. Yesterday I
received a notice that I had a Fitbit update. After that I now can sync my
music.

I am seeing that occasionally I will need to pull down the notification
panel on my 8+, there will be a panel for device settings and it will ask
me to reconnect.

I suggest removing your Blaze from Bluetooth, log out of the Fitbit app,
restart your phone and your Blaze, and start over completely. Make sure
you have received this current update.

Good luck. Very frustrating to be excited about a new product and not have
it work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the Samsung Galaxy 8 be on the list?  Seems it should be there by now.  Thanks

Best Answer

It did become compatible but with bugs.  Had to CONSTANTLY reboot and restrt equipment.  I ditched my fitbit and got a Samsung gear watch.  Works great and does more than the fitbit.

Best Answer
Thank you - will look at the Samsung Gear Watch!!
Best Answer
0 Votes