Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS Not Accurate after Android 2.76 Updated

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My walk today: Distance way off - notice the line makes it look like I walked back and forth when I did not. Next map shows a correct distance (and correct pace).  I have tried a reset and am running on Android 7.0 (LG phone) Versa Fitbit

8-14-18 Walk.JPG

Accurate map prior to android update:

7-1-18 Walk OK.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MBwalkingMB.

Thanks for letting me know that it was much better after reinstalling the app. 

Please keep me posted on how it continues to behave, hopefully it was a one time thing and won't be happening again from now on.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MBwalkingMB

Thanks for sharing those screen shots of what is going on. 

In this case I'd like to ask some questions about what is going on. 

• Did you have worse reception on Tuesday then on Thursday?
  • Was there something different besides the update? Was your phone on a different side than your Versa?
  • Has this happened again since?

If you can, please take a look at this article. It talks about some possibilities why the GPS might not work, and includes some troubleshooting. Perhaps it can help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
The accuracy of the walk yesterday was much better. I think that was due to uninstalling the Fitbit app completely and then reloading. Will try to walk today and check to see if the fix 'held' - thanks for checking in,
M
Best Answer

Hello @MBwalkingMB.

Thanks for letting me know that it was much better after reinstalling the app. 

Please keep me posted on how it continues to behave, hopefully it was a one time thing and won't be happening again from now on.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes