Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection difficulties with Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having had a new phone for Christmas Xiaomi redmi note 7 I have not been able to receive notifications on my charge 3 . On top of that it will only synchronise data manually. It appears that this manufacturer's phones are not yet compatible with the app. 

They are increasingly popular as a choice of mobile phonephon I have seen many forums where folk are having problems. Please can you address this issue. Thank you.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Nosila53, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. Let me share with you that we are constantly working and testing different mobile devices to make sure that they work as intended with our products and services. As it turns out, at this moment I'm unable to let you know when or if the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 will be added to our list of compatible devices, however, my best advise for you will be to constantly check our list of compatible devices for any update.

In regards the syncing difficulties you're experiencing, if you haven't already done so I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

About notifications, this could be related with the connection difficulties with your mobile device and the Fitbit itself, same issue that's affecting the syncing process. Therefore, after addressing the syncing concern, please try the steps from our help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email.

I have gone through all the steps again as advised including force stopping
the app. If I send a test call the charge 3 vibrates but does nothing for
any other notification.
I can sync manually but that is all.
I do hope these phones will soon be included in your list of compatible
devices.
Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Nosila53, thanks for your update. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for troubleshooting this situation with me. Since the steps from my previous post were tried with no avail, can you please try with a compatible device instead and let me know if the issue persists?

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

you saved me!

i want to buy a versa fit 2 but i'll buy a xiaomi miband 4 then and save 170€!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't actually have a compatible devices to try with. 

But miracle of miracles quite  out of the blue a notification came through on my charge 3 on Sunday afternoon and since then no problem even with GPS turned off..

I did nothing extra to what iI' already done 5 times. I have yet to test it going running ( this wasn't working last week, didn't track my route)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't mention it.

Funnily enough though the connection suddenly worked. I wasn't even trying... Had given up ...when I felt my watch vibrate. No it wasn't telling me I had 104 steps left to do to get my 250 steps in an hour accomplished, it was an email. Since then all the notifications are getting through even when GOS is off which is s great relief cos I don't want my position continually tracked.

Will be interested to know how the Xiaomi version works though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having just written a reply about finding my notifications I've just discovered another recent anomaly... This eve I swam for 75 mins. Before , the swimming was tracked as exercise automatically( yes it is still enabled to do so) . I train regularly 3 times a week and apart from the not quite accurate length count it has always picked up the length of swim time and registered it as exercise. Tonight it only gives 44 minutes activity. And no exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes