Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting calories / heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Does Alta track heart rate? My calories counted isn't right and I can't see where it tracks heart rate
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

No, I'm afraid the Alta doesn't track heart rate. The sensor for this (and the one for tracking floors) was left out to make the tracker as small as possible. You can compare the features of the various fitbit models here:

www.fitbit.com/compare

Best Answer
0 Votes
That makes sense. So how does it correctly count calories? If I exercise and get my heart rate up, I should be burning more calories. But Alta doesn't seem to recognize that
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's true but it all depends on the type of exercise you are doing. As the Alta doesn't track your heart rate all it knows is the motion it detects and, from that, the amount and frequency of steps. If the activity you are doing is mainly step based then it should be quite accurate. But if the activity doesn't result in the Alta detecting steps then it will under estimate your calories.

If this is the situation you can usually get more accurate calorie burn data for those activities by manually logging them:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-log-or-record-an-activity/

Best Answer
0 Votes