Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard shows last year's data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I didn't use my charge 4 some months before the end of 2015 and at the beginning of 2016. Now my dashboard shows data from 2015 4 weeks I didn't use Fitbit in 2016. How can I get rid of 2015 data?
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @MrSmitty is great to have you here on the Community again! Cat Very Happy

I have a question... when you said "data", do you mean calories burned?.

Because, I joined Fitbit on December first and I have calories burned since my birth date Smiley Very Happy. The reason of these is that we burn calories all the time, this calories are your BMR (basal metabolic rate) this is the rate at which you burn calories at rest just to maintain vital body functions like breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity.

So, your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day and is estimated based on the physical data you entered when you set up your account: gender, age, height, and weight and we are unable to delete this data, because this is going to give you a sensible baseline against which to compare your future calorie burn once your tracker starts tracking your exercise and adding exercise calories to your BMR calories. 

I hope this helps @MrSmitty, however if this is not the issue please reply with as many details of the issue you are experiencing as possible.

Enjoy the rest of the day! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard shows data from last year as well, steps and sleep.  I just got new Fitbit charge 2 and downloaded new app. How do we get rid of the old steps and sleep?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Debbie28778, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I was reading your post and in the technical aspect, this is not possible since the tracker only stored data for 7 days and a summary of the basic data for 30 days. So if the information is from one year ago, probably is not from your Charge 2.

I saw your Community profile and it shows you have a Charge 2 and a Charge as paired devices. So have you used the email address before to sync your Charge?

The explanation here is the data you are seeing probably is coming when you used the Charge tracker and since is the same account there is no way to remove this data; unless you create a new account for your Charge 2 to start from scratch. Although there is no big difference if you have previous data registered on your account, as long you have updated your account settings when you paired your Charge 2

Let me know if my statement is correct and if you have more questions just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes