Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Vanishes after App update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After yesterday almost all data has vanished from my fitbit. It probably has something to do with an update, because app wanted me to log in and after that last montussa data vanished. Steps, calories and sleep. All. Today all on data has vanished except for yesterday and today. Is it likely that data will come back or is it gone for good? The Android app version is 2.49

Moderator Edit: Format / Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Thvais, it's nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering how it goes so far? Were you able to recover your missing data?

Note that the information once it has synced, most likely is not going to be deleted automatically since the information is compile in our servers and not locally on your phone; so we can discard that the update has caused your information vanished.

However there is a new version for Android  that you might want to install, the new version is 2.50. Regardless if you have this new version the following post will provide the help to restart your app and clear the cache of it.

If the information still is missing , please log in to your online-Dashboard to review if your steps are displayed there. The information from the online-Dashboard is the same that should be display on your mobile app.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi
Data has vanished also from the online dashboard. The problem propably is
that i accepted my google-phones smart-lock funktion, because after that
everything was gone. Only my personal data (weight, height, age) was still
there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Thvais, I'm sorry I've been absent for a few days. I was reading your post and it gave me an idea of what might be happening since I saw something similar with a friend's account.

In the case of my friend she was using her Fitbit with a computer and later on she decided to use the app. Suddenly she realized all the data was missing from her account. So after I saw, she was using a different email address on the computer and another address on the App. The difference in the email address was just the domain and she did not remembered about using a different email. So make sure you are not experiencing the same scenario.

If you are using a different email address that the one you were using before, it might caused missing data. Which In fact is not missing, is just located in a different account. 

On the app is not possible to see the email address registered on your Fitbit account but you can see this information on your online-Dashboard right in the settings of your account profile. Remember to use the same email address and password of your app.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thank you, that was the case also with me. So now I have found also my
previous data! It's not that easy to spot that you are in fitbit in
different account, beacuse it showd the same username in both and it did
know some of y information in both. But mystery is solved now!
Best Answer

Hello @Thvais, I'm glad to hear the mystery was solved. Don't worry, I've seen a few scenario with this situation, for the same reasons you have mentioned. 

The good part is that everything is back to normal, so keep me posted if you need more help.

Best Answer