Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed description on graphics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Failed to found description on columns in some diagrams. E.g. Exercise has 6 pages. First number of days - clear. Third page without title with yellow columns probably active minutes. Within entire day or during tracked exercises? What green columns below horizontal 0 axis mean? The same for "distance" - during exercises or entire day? What is "negative" distance below 0 in dark blue color? Even in Exercise in Heart Rate Zones I can see for some days columns below 0 in light green. Negative time? Next page has also- negative calories Burned? That is just one menu example I have problem to understand. Fitbit has a lot of nice diagrams I like and perhaps assumes intuitive understanding, but for me precise detailed help file could save my time. Is it available and I just don't know place to get it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

The charts under the "exercise" tile refer only to exercise, tracked manually or auto-recognized.  There are separate charts for active minutes under the main 'active minutes' listing on main page.

Third through sixth pages are bar charts of the past 30 days, one bar per day.

Third chart, as in the label beside the yellow clock, is duration in minutes of exercise per day.

Similarly for next distance screen, distance per day for last 30 days.

Next screen is just like 3rd screen, time duration, except it also shows heart rate zone of the minutes, and last chart shows calories burned in 'exercise' each day.

As to the part of bar chart below the axis, I have noticed on all, the length is proportional to the height above the axis so I just ignore it, assuming it is just an artifact of some sort.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you for explanation. But when examine more carefully my records of my Charge 2 two weeks usage  I can find something contracting what you say. For example I had long walks one day. They were auto recognized as 3 walk exercises, 36K steps and 28Km in total, with 0 impact on graph. The same for all Walks, Runs, Outdoor bike (what is clear as no means with not working GPS). Impact in distance have only Ellipical and Stairclimber. Regarding active minutes are usually less then time of exercise. For example for 60 minutes Toga I got just 2 minutes of active. What again is strange for me. In one help I have read that active minutes are counter in you have been on level of MET>3 for at least 10 consecutive minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have reread and see that nothing contradicting what you say. But I see bug difference between "distance" how it is calculated for day results, where all steps are counted including "exercise" walks and runs. But no impact for forth sheet in exercise. Why? Is it bug or intention?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LV2017 thanks for joining us! @JohnnyRow that's a great insight! Guys, I'm a little confused by what you are describing. If possible could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? This will definitely give me e better picture of the situation. Thanks a million!

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Result of yesterday.pngCheckList.pngDuration.pngDistance.pngHeartRateZones.pngCalories.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LV2017 thanks a million for the screenshots! I see what you mean for the distance. Please note that when your activity is being auto-recognized by your tracker, then distance won't be included in the final stats. For more info please read: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection?

Also, if you're referring to the lighter colored bars under the x axis, it's all design. Smiley Wink 

graph negative 2.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other question!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for link to help page, where stated "Distance and pace are not included." So now I know if I want to have correct distance statistics has to switch off auto-recognizing feature. Any reason of such discrimination of auto- exercises?

In general for me in person would be more convenient to combine two pages "Duration" and "Heart Rate Zones" (HRZ) in one page. Just add one more colour "Out of Zone" in HRZ chart. Because  columns in Duration are higher that corresponding column is HRZ by time  Out of Zone during exercises. Now I have to compare to pages and at glance try to find out what time I formally was in "exercises" but in fact no intensive training.

Another issue is that failed to setup week Monday-Sunday. It was available on Web and supposed week begin will be synchronized with smartphone. But it was not happened and I have still week as Sunday-Saturday what is not convenient. I prefer reach all targets, at work and exercises, during working days. Is it way to change week to Mon-Sun in smartphone? My Calendar setup as week begin is Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes