Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device and app steps don't match

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last few days, my phone and tracker don't match up on steps, and there's more than a 2k step discrepancy. I thought syncing would help, but it didn't. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Intro3xtro, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this situation and how many times since then? This issue is affecting only steps or floors, distance, etc., too? Which phone are you using to sync your device and which Fitbit? If you haven't already done so, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get an answer to why they're not matching? Because I'm having the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it didn't work and 1/26/21 was the 1st time it happened and again today 1/27/21 Shannon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that I had to turn off the Mobile Track Step collection. It seems the app on the phone is tracking as well as your watch (or tracker). When you walk away with your tracker without your phone, they get confused and can't sync up. To fix this, I uninstalled and re-installed (such a hassle) the app. It then prompted me for permission for the Mobile Track Step to collect data. Don't let it; you will see your numbers on the app match the numbers on your watch.  

Best Answer