Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences of calories between Android and IOS apps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to have my Samsung s7 edge repaired and I used my old iphone 5c for about a week.  I noticed that when I log my yoga workouts on the iphone it gives me active minutes but when I log it on my Samsung it does not give me any active minutes.  I also got 115 calories for my workout on Monday and today for the same workout I only got 77 calories.  While it isn't a huge deal, it is annoying.  I have noticed that overall my Fitbit One seems to underestimate my calorie burn by about 200 calories per day so I really would like a more accurate calorie burn.  Is this just a glitch with Android?  

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @khart68, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community. If the time of the activity was logged at a different time, calories may vary since this information is based on the intensity level of the exercise.

However I'm wondering if you are able to send some screenshot of one activity logged on both platforms? With this I will be able to have a closer look to investigate further and determine if this is a glitch.

Regarding the calories overall, I believe the following post from @SebringDon will provide you more details about how calories works.

I will be looking forward to your response. See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170330-144844.png

Screenshot_20170330-144228.png

Screenshot_20170330-144255.png

These are the images I had on Tuesday when I logged my yoga on my iPhone. I worked out with a yoga dvd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170330-145856.png

Screenshot_20170330-144857.png

Screenshot_20170330-144903.png

These are the images I got today for the same yoga workout at the same time of day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using myfitnesspal since Sept 2015 and Fitbit since February 2016.  I have a pretty good idea of how calories work.  I have lost 70 pounds.  I do believe that my fitbit underestimates my calorie burn by 200-250 calories per day.  This is based on using my own data.  Fitbit shows that I average around 1850 calories burned per day, but when I eat 1850 I continue to lose weight.  I do not gain when I eat around 2000-2100.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@khart68 Thanks for pointing this out. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Android version of the app for the same activity? That will be super helpful!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

The first screen shot that shows yoga at 7:00 am on Tuesday for 32 minutes with 118 calories burned at 3.6 calories per minute with 33 active minutes was from my iphone.  The screenshot showing yoga at 6:59 am on Wednesday for 32 minutes with 71 calories burned at 2.2 calories per minute with no active minutes was from my Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes