Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Whatsapp Group Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using Android (Samsung s7 edge).

And set whatsapp notification as default text/message. 

As some other users I have various group chat and some I mute permanently some I mute ocassionally. My phone won't have pop up notification and while on silent mode. I won't get any buzz alert.  

But my fitbit will continue to buzz like crazy and don't seem to have any options to mute that and just have notification for one to one chat message.

Can fitbit please do sth about this?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @ukshoes, it seems you are new around, so let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. If you mute a group or a personal chat in Whatsapp the notifications should not be received by your tracker. However it will depend on the brand of the phone as the behavior may be different ut this is not from our end. I've tested this with my phone and I did not received any notification while the chate was muted.

If this is not the behavior with your tracker, try to set up your notifications again. The following post will guide you through in case you need more help: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Hope this helps. Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@RobertoME What phone are you using?
I'm on Samsung s7 edge Android 7.0

ALL whatsapp notification just comes through. I'm still getting group notification even when I muted the group.

Already done a disable notification. log out, log back in, then switching notification back on exercise.

Best Answer

Hello @ukshoes, thank you for keep me posted. I tested this on a Sony Xperia using a Charge 2.

What you can do is to toggle off the notifications from your Fitbit account. Go to your Whatsapp and mute the chat you want and toggle On again the Notifications in your Fitbit account.

Make sure to sync your tracker at the end to apply the changes.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

unfortunately, still no.... all notification still comes through. no matter if I muted the chat group or not

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @ukshoes, thank you for keep me posted. I tested this on a Sony Xperia using a Charge 2.

What you can do is to toggle off the notifications from your Fitbit account. Go to your Whatsapp and mute the chat you want and toggle On again the Notifications in your Fitbit account.

Make sure to sync your tracker at the end to apply the changes.

See you around and hope this helps.

Best Answer

I am seeing this happening on the S8 too.. Would there be a fix to this? S8 is a pretty popular phone now...

Best Answer

What happened to this topic? I am experiencing this issue too, on a Oneplus 3T with android 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello to everyone who reads this. This might be a few years late but I just got my versa 2 yesterday and i had the same problem as everyone. I found how to fix it/what causes it. I currently have a huawei p20 pro and the way to fix group notifications is that when you mute it don't check the "show notifications" box. If you do then your fitbit won't vibrate on group chats. 

Best Answer

A couple of years since the last post,  the same problem is affecting me,  ionic, android 9 Huawei nova 5t... Does enyone have a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes