Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance discrepancies with Versa and Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I run the connected GPS on my Versa tells me I have done some distance e.g.10km. When I see the same run on the app the distance appears to agree. However, once I click on the run to "open" it the distance shown physically on the map is 10km but the bar at the top of the screen says 9.82km. This shorter distance is then what is recorded in the "past runs" tab. The total of the splits also add up to 9.97km, which is equal to neither of the others. Which distance have I run? I know there is some error in connected GPS but I'd at least expect the same run to be recorded as the same distance.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JessForsdyke, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and all the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this situation and the distance discrepancy concern you're experiencing with your Versa, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Fitbit? When was the first time you experienced such situation and how many times since then?

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I'm using a Google Pixel 3a and I've noticed this on every run in the
month of November, though not with runs before this time. The discrepancy
between the two values also appears to be getting greater each time.

Thanks for your reply!
Best Answer
0 Votes