Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance is showing on KM but says miles

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Dashboard (it is on an android phone if it matters) is displaying the distance I've walked in KILOMETERS, but labeling it as MILES. Is there something I can do to fix this? I would like it to actually display the miles that I've walked. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
It fixed itself once I synced with my Fitbit Charge 2. It might just be a
problem when using the mobile tracker

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Forums @JohnDon024

I have moved your post to the Android board as I think it is better suited for it. 

As for the information, how did you notice that it was showing km but labeling them as miles? I'd like to take a closer look to better understand what is happening.

Is the language on your phone showing correctly or has it switched languages? What language (from where) have you setup on your phone? That could influence the system used by the app.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is in english. The weird thing is that if I tap the miles icon my
daily tracker correctly labels the miles that I've walked. It's just the
display on the dashboard that is the issue. I went online looking for other
people with my problem and somebody mentioned that it was incorrectly
displaying kilometers as miles and sure enough I went back and converted
the last 3 days of workouts and saw that mine was doing the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JohnDon024.

Thanks for that clarification. 

I will be passing this on to the rest of the team. As soon as we have any news on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know about it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It fixed itself once I synced with my Fitbit Charge 2. It might just be a
problem when using the mobile tracker
Best Answer

Hey @JohnDon024.

That might very well be it. Glad to know that everything is in order now! You can now work to reach all of your goals.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  The display says miles, but when I set goals in the app, I have to set it to 3.11 miles to have the dashboard look for 5 miles.  Ultimately it calculates correctly, but it's clear the setup is looking for 5k, which calculates to 3.11 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, mine is doing the same thing. I've had many issues with all 3 fitbits I've had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Inspire 2. It's synced and I've been having this problem since I got it. I just now figured out what was happening. I toggled the units to "centimeters, kilometers" and synced it and then toggled the units back to "feet, miles" and synced again and the issue persisted. 

Best Answer

As can be seen from the screenshot below this bug still persists four years later.

Lets hope the FitBit Devs never get to work on something critical like the Space Shuttle or peoples medical data...KM Miles display incorrect

Best Answer

4 years after the original post and the Android app/dashboard goal settings still has this issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes