Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

Yep me too. 

I found this after googling should I be worried if I have high oxygen variations via my Fitbit 😂

Same as other people have said, my old ones have also changed and now show loads of variations. Previously there were hardly any high variations. 

I won't be calling my Dr any time soon as seems this must be a fitbit glitch.

Best Answer

I came to this forum with the same problem.

It wasn't too long ago I looked at the stats of the full month and I remember none of my oxygen variation graphs had any yellow spikes, after the patch last night all of them have 15+ yellow spikes even the days that were fully green before.

I'm going to assume it's a glitch in the update. 

Best Answer

Yes it is a glitch with Androids, if I log in from my husband's iPad the graphs look like they used to, another thing I noticed is the new graph gives me an hour more sleep than the actual sleep.

Best Answer

Charge 4..
Pre latest update my oxygen variation levels were mostly in the green, post upgrade all my oxygen variation levels are now half and half with history going back a year beening over written. I'd also like to know why. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

Be careful, if you say anything negative about Fitbit here, you'll get your comment removed and an private message from Lizzy telling you that your comment doesn't 'add to the discussion' ... *Happy Vibes Only* (huge eye roll) 

My favourite quote is from Anne Lamott 

"You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better."  *cough Fitbit cough*

Best Answer

Hi, @thesixcorbetts! This seems to be an across the board issue. It's something Fitbit is actively investigating.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Wow, even more bizarre! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let them remove my comment from the community discussion, I'll just post it to my nearly 7,000 Twitter followers and we can talk about it there. 😃

Best Answer

Android, Charge 5 user. Updated my software yesterday. Same issue - now looks like I have oxygen issues all night, every night, whereas before they were rare. Hopefully they fix this soon. 

Best Answer

Same problem with my Charge 4. Even my previous "normal" O2 graphs have changed to show high variation spikes all night long. I was on Chat with Tech support and they simply had me restart the device and told me to wait 4 days. We'll see. 🤔

Best Answer

I have always taken the sleep etc stats with a grain or two of salt, as a sort of blurry snapshot of my "performance" on those parameters. Often it records me in "REM sleep" when I"m lying still in bed doing the NYT Spelling Bee on my phone. I can persuade it to credit me with steps by jerking my arm without walking, whereas often when I'm walking around the house it stays static and doesn't count steps. So now I've added a shovel to the salt bucket. I still find it useful in keeping me honest about exercising and getting roughly the right number of steps each day. It gets me up from couch potato-ing, it keeps track of my heart rate while I'm exercising. It's pretty good, just not great. 

Best Answer

Yes, this really bugs me. I took rarely saw blips with high oxygen variations. I checked them almost daily. Those previous reports that showed not variations mow have constant all night variations. Fitbit should change this back. Anyone know how to give them our feedback or if they seem these comments?

Best Answer

Yes you are correct, nothing but the runaround. Unfortunately I just bought this new Fitbit and it's past the date to return it ir I would. 

Best Answer

I am having the same experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem with the oxygen variation display with this android version on my Versa Plus on my Samsung Galaxy 10E - however my wife has the same phone model as mine, but she has a Versa 2 and her oxygen display has not changed. For that matter, all of her other display modes have not changed. I would like to have the option to revert back to the former Android version of the FitBit app. I had absolutely no complaints about it. Simply put, "It worked". I had been using the FitBit android veersion since 2015 starting with the Charge HR thru the Versa and the Versa Plus and never had a problem.

Best Answer

Got us all freaked out.  I feel better that it wasn't just me.  I assumed I was basically going to have heart failure after looking at my graph 

Best Answer

I'd like to do the same but customer service says it is not possible. They need to have the coder copy the old version for Androids and fix it. It would be an easy thing to do.

I know, we shouldn't have to be worried like that.

Best Answer

Everybody seems to be assuming that the new graphs are glitchy and need to be corrected to look more like the old graphs.  But even if the new graphs are NOT glitchy and do represent more sensitive breathing pauses, we have no idea how COMMON they are or when they indicate a problem.  Again, if sleep apnea is not regarded as significant until you have 15 or more events per hour, then 30-50 yellow lines in 6-8 hrs of sleep do not necessarily indicate a problem.  If FITBIT is going to present us with graphs like this, they need to be MORE SPECIFIC about when the graphs indicate something we need to have checked out.  The average family doctor does NOT likely have any idea of what to make out of FITBIT EOV data anymore more than the average Fitbit wearer.  If these aren't "medical devices" then quit forcing these types of graphs onto lay people to get all alarmed about or take on the responsibility of educating Fitbit wearers of when to see a doctor and educate family doctors more on how to interpret Fitbit graphs.

PS:  These new graphs obviously are depict a LOT more data points than the old style graphs -- the "spikey" nature of these graphs compared to the more smooth lines of the old graphs indicate that previous graphs are "smoothed" by averaging data points together.  The newer graphs are likely graphing shorter time intervals or possible graphing all the raw data points and not doing averaging.  Which is better??  Who knows??

Best Answer

I see what you did there, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are not assuming it's glitchy it IS on Android apps. If I log in to my account from an iPad the graph looks the same as it always did, so the problem lies with how they wrote it for Android phones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes