Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292
My test at gp is 99%, highest fitbit record is 95% but fitbit measures
nighttime while we sleep which I seem to remember I read somewhere is lower
than daytime, ALL measurements are indications not medically accurate
although my pulse reading is within 1 beat of what my blood pressure
machine says, we should look for trends not definitive measurements,
weighing scales are the classic misinformers varying dramatically from one
another but do indicate gaining or loosing weight trends.

As far as I'm aware ALL gadget measurements in ALL gadgets are indications
so we need to have proper measurements taken as and when.

Fitbit are typically American, trying to squeeze the last dime out of us
but the basic package is enough for me, if I were a serious sports person
I'd use something else and when I eventually upgrade it will have to have
at least the battery life of my charge 4 which I doubt the new Samsung
watch has, and no I don't work for fitbit their online customer support via
the community is poor and their development team sucks seeing they release
app updates that are clearly not thoroughly tested beforehand.
Best Answer

I agree for example the sleep animals which I wish focus more on customer and real graph issues it says one animals is no better than the other it's TREND really don't think the 14 day though is enough to measure maybe each month. But with all of this set aside the customer service and support that I reviewed during all this chaos  SCREAMS TO ME LOUDLY THINGS HAVE CHANGED 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My last two versa2 had to be replaced. You are right they do not stay charged! I tried to be loyal 😪 at this point I want better for myself.

Best Answer

It appears that the fix was to change the graph to keep the spikes green. The dotted line "threshold" between low and high varies every day and seems to move up and down. Hard to decipher what the graph actually means now. It appears the "fix" was to just make sure everything stays green..

Best Answer
Definitely not true about all green for me. It's now similar to my old graphs. I agree that the scaling looks different day to day.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I'm not sure how the search on the community works (or doesn't), but I could not get this thread to come up when I did a search and I knew the title. 

I have been trying to understand the graph.  It has now gone from 2 lines to 4 lines.  And there is actually another important horizontal value line, making there a total of 5 lines that we can not get a definition from Fitbit from and that are not labeled.  

The top and bottom lines seem to represent the 'RANGE' limits on the graph.  as it is EOV and not actual SpO2, it is hard to define these 'RANGE' limits.  From the bottom, there is the invisible 'ERROR' line, a solid 'AVERAGE' line and then the dotted '% VARIATION' line is what I am guessing.  And honestly, these are wild guesses as Fitbit insists on keeping us in the dark and that seems to extend as well to the support reps.  

I see the ERROR line when all too often, my sensor seems unable to determine what the SpO2 is, or so it would seem. Fitbit has kind of acknowledged they are aware of the issue but nothing beyond the kind of state. It isn't a zero and nothing points to it being an average, it is kind of a null variation that appears many nights and at varying times through the night.  It may simply be an artifact of the algorithm they apply to the SpO2 data.  

The new solid line in the middle of the graph appears to be the 'AVERAGE' SpO2 and may not be a true average or median but rather a rolling average.  It would be nice to get some feedback from Fitbit on this.  As the devices now offer an mean nightly SpO2 (i.e. average) it would make sense that this is a reference point on the EOV graph. 

In tracking SpO2, the absolute number is not what the medical community focuses on. If folks do research, they will read that for most individuals, it is anticipated that the SpO2 will be 95% or a bit more, suggesting that lungs and circulation are working at a normally high level. But whether it is 94% or 96% or 98% doesn't much matter and is individual and dependent on external factors.  Hence it is easiest not no focus on that absolute number in determining overnight changes.  If anyone has asked a technician about the readings on a sleep apnea test, the concern is not the absolute %, but rather the concern is a fluctuation from the average, or more so a variation from the current or rolling average. Different groups suggest using either a 3% or a 4% variation over a short period of time as indicating an apnea event (i.e. an event that oxygen saturation drops enough to count).  The community accepts that this normally happens overnight and I they discount a small number (6?) then assess mild, moderate or severe apnea to users with a higher count of apnea events.  

I interpret the EOV graph presented by Fitbit to mean that when variation appears to exceed 3% or 4%, that it crosses the dotted line and is flagged as a concern that there may be an apnea during those periods.  Hence I have identified the dotted line as '% VARIATION' to indicate that the line may represent 3% or 4% variation from the rolling average SpO2.  

It would be nice to get some feedback from Fitbit on this interpretation. 

Best Answer
The FITBIT approach to everything is to keep it vague so no matter what
anyone complains of they can always answer "well, that isn't how it works"
Best Answer
Well I don't understand any of this graft.
Best Answer
I agree totally with what you are saying and an answer from Fitbit customer
service would be appreciated.

Calling them would probably be best.

I personally will be doing that as soon as I can.
Nancy
Best Answer

I am running version 3.67 for Android and now my spo2 doesn't work at all.

This is the worst software I have ever seen. My biggest regret is I bought one of the sense watches for my wife, now I have her and Fitbit to deal with.

This is my fifth Fitbit product and my last if this problem isn't fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've stated this before and I'll state it again: We are all just guessing what that silly nonsense graph means. It has always been nothing more than a sample of "this is what a poorly formatted graph looks like". Something one might find in a very basic text book explaining business presentations or something. It would be the bad example, to be followed with a good example.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports, and the screenshots provided. As mentioned before, our team released a new Fitbit app update which included improvements for the Estimated Oxygen Levels graph. If you haven't done so, please go to the Play Store and update the Fitbit app to the latest version.

Because this issue was fixed, I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. However, if you have any other questions, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community.

Once again, I appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback and we'll keep working to improve our products, as well as our services.

Best Answer
0 Votes