Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292
Still nothing done on my fitbit versa 2. Same old thing. This has gotten
to be real old.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh good. Ill check
Best Answer

My fitbit no longer has me oxygen deprived...👏👏

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am glad for you however mine is still wonky

--
Best Answer

I had to go to the play store to get it. It's not listed as an official update, but in the play store, I looked at what had been updated on my phone, and there was a error on the Fitbit update. I ran the update again, and it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of who really want to know, Fitbit should be more forthcoming with the manner that the variation is calculated. 

The company and moderators here have resisted providing that information (and it is not proprietary).

At one point I suspected that the variation was simply the change in average SpO2 from one period to the next. (say the 5 minute average from 12:00 to 12:05, compared to the 5 minute average between 12:05 and 12:10).

But I am now speculating that the "variation" is the standard deviation of all values within a (say 5 minute) time period.

Users of the Fitbit app should not have to guess, their doctors should not have to guess just what the graph is actually plotting. 

Best Answer

WARNING TO ALL:

I updated to 3.65.1 and now the various interfaces showing sleep stage breakdown ALL show different breakdowns.

They broke the breakdowns. Figures.

So you need to choose which "feature" you care the most about. If you care about the stupid O2 "variation" graph then update to 3.65.1 but if you care more about sleep breakdown then stay away from any software updates.

Granted, at this point I'm leaning heavy into the hypothesis that ALL of the "data" is BS. The device is actually just cheap random blinky LED lights with fake data.

Best Answer
For the last several weeks, I have been living withthe new display of the EOV charts.  Iwould click on “help and support” then  “checkfor Versa lite update” and it always responded that I was “Up to date”. For thepast week or so I noticed that several members of this forum had gone to the Googleplay store & updated their Fitbit app there.

Yesterday Iwent to the Google play store, clicked on the Fitbit app and received an “Update” button – not “install”, but ‘Update”. After a couple of minutes itcompleted, I clicked on the app and  theEOV display had returned with an updated display that, in my opinion, is anenhancement of the display we all liked in the past. I did this on my SamsungGalaxy s10E running Android 12.
 I then didthe same thing with my Samsung Tab A running Android 10. Now it is working andrunning, as is my phone the Fitbit app version 3.65.1 (36567071)
I am, once again, a HAPPY CAMPER
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi guys...
I think mine just got updated. Im normal again...
Be patient, if yours is still showing tgevold graph. Mine updated this
afternoon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully soon!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the EOV graph trustworthy now.

I know it looks better, but not having been told why they seemed to go off chart makes me wonder. Did they just change the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems to be correct again. App version 3.65.1

Best Answer

Well my new Luxe lost the whole sleep tile after it just got normal:(

Best Answer
0 Votes
You would think that whoever is supposed to be fixing the problems would
actually reach out to us that still have issues. Makes me angry to think
that I bought my Fitbit at the end of last year and to have problems with
it since. They sent me a replacement I think in Feb. or March and now this
crap. Really disappointing.

--
Best Answer

I'll be calling tomorrow!

Best Answer
Mine seems to be working now, but I never see any orange anywhere where I
used to see a little bit every now and then. I really don't know how to
read this graph. I just know the green goes up and down crazily and I'm not
a paying member anyway and I'm not going to join. I can't afford it.
Best Answer
Good idea to not pay for what currently appears to be just a bunch of
random made-up numbers/graphs with mumbo-jumbo vague "explanations" which
leave all of us paying members GUESSING at what they mean.
Best Answer

I have just the green that goes wildly over the line and under the line.  A big mess is what this has been

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is doing the opposite. I had the new graph, it has now changed back and my variations are normal while they are usually high (I have sleep apnea). Uninstalled  change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Although the update appears to have got rid of all the worrying amber spikes in the SPO2 plot, the same update has broken the sleep tracking! And it's worrying that a poster says they have sleep apnoea but the latest update shows them all in the green so I don't think we can believe what the app is telling us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes