Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excercise data lost with MobileRun

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When walking I wear my Alta and have my phone with GPS turned on and in my pocket. My walks show up with the path and distance I walked and my times/mile then they disappear. I do press finish on the phone and all the info is there. When i get a chance to sit down and actually look at the I go it's gone. I have done updates on my phone and Alta. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. It is not all my walks but most of them that are gone. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Lfisher79, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm wondering if when this issue is happening, have you paused the exercise at some point in the middle of the exercise? I've seen some user who do this, are experiencing a similar scenario like yours.

Note that this issue has been brought to our attention and our teams are working hard to roll a fix in the future.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

. Hi. I see this issue still. Was this fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if it was fixed. I just don't pause workouts anymore .if I have to pause I just stop the workout and restart a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same problem today. Searched for answers/help and it looks like it's been an issue since last year. Has there been any resolution? I like this GPS tracking feature and would like to know if there's something I can do to make it work. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As long as the workouts aren't paused it seems to work fine. If you have to pause, just end a workout and start a new one  not ideal, but it doesn't lose info that way  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read that but no, it's not ideal and I would think something Fitbit would
address given how long the problem has been happening. Shouldn't have to do
work-arounds on a permanent basis.

Another poster suggested it was a problem with the auto tracker and to turn
that off first so it does not override the GPS-tracked activity. Any idea
about that? I plan to try that tomorrow.

Thanks for your response!
Best Answer
0 Votes