Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export file (*.TCX) is empty for recorded activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Two out of the last three times I've recorded an activity using the Android App, the export file is empty of data. The one time that it did have data, I also recorded the activity using Strava.

On the phone, I have two activities for each of the ones that had no data. One activity shows up as a "Run", the other as a "Bike". The run shows the route I took while biking, but the Bike activity only has stats. The fact that one of the two shows my route means that it did capture my geo location.

On the dashboard on the website however, where I am trying to export the data, it only shows the Bike activity, which has no geo data, and the empty export file. The Run activity does not show up on the dashboard, nor does it show up in the Activity List.

Why does the android show two, where the website shows one? And why can't I export the data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CarlJ Woman Very Happy! Are you doing the following in order to export your data?

1. Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon in the upper right.
  2. Click Settings > Data Export.
  3. Choose the time period and type of data you want to export. Each export file can contain 30 days worth of data. Note that if you choose more than one data type, your file will have a tab for each type of data. If you want  to export more than 30 days worth of data, you’ll need to run additional exports.
  4. Choose a file type and click Download. The file is instantly available in your Downloads folder.

Exporting GPS data

If you have GPS data you can export it to a TCX file, then upload that file to several applications including RunKeeper, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, Strava, and Google Earth.

To export GPS data:

1. Log into your Fitbit dashboard and click Log > Activities, or go directly tohttps://www.fitbit.com/activities (you may need to log in).
  2. In your Activity History, find the activity with GPS data that you want to export and click the View Details button. The detail page for your activity appears.
  3. Click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Export as TCX file.
    User-added image

You can find the file in your Downloads folder. For instructions on uploading the file to another site, visit that site's FAQs or support information.

If so, but you're still facing those issues I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly so they can further investigate what's going on.

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes