Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start/sync after reset.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My Versa lite was playing up, losing time etc, so I did a factory reset. Now I can't get it it do anything. I can't get it to link back to my phone, just keep getting Chinese writing on watch face. It seems to be trying to do an update, but then I get a big red cross on screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Managed to get it to update. Took over an hour. But there is still an issue with time on versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't expect a factory reset to fix the time, we need to look at the Fitbit app on the phone to fix the time. 

Do you have the timezone set to auto or did you manualy set the time zone? 

Have you tried both ways? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Didn't fix the time issue. Still wrong time in the morning. Customer Support told me to try the time zone thing, but still losing time by morning. I was advised that the Versa needs to be synced for the time to be correct. I haven't had the issue at all in the 12 months I have had it or the other fitbits I have owned. I have all day sync turned on anyway. Strange thing is, the phone can't find the device for the blue tooth, so it's not pairing, but is still syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried shutting your versa off? This is the only way to do a Hard(ware) reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a Factory reset, then the Versa did an update. Still the same issue. I have turned it on and off several times. It's now working, but is still losing time overnight, then fixes itself when I get my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes