Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Since the Android 13 update on my Samsung Flip 4 I have not been able to use my Fitbit Charge 5 for text messages, etc. Is there a target date for the fix? 

Best Answer

Early 2023?  That is rather vague, and completely unacceptable.  I work in software development and I've seen bug fixes get rolled out much quicker than that and have a defined date when the community is notified. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit  Thanks - but that will make it over a month many of us here have been unable to use our devices, whether it be Luxe, Versa, or Charge5.  Is Fitbit going to extend a gesture of goodwill and extend our memberships by the time we have been down?  Thanks.

Best Answer

Early 2023? JAN? FEB? MAR? Too little, too late. Ordered Samsung smart watch today. Too bad, I really liked Fitbit for the last 8 years. Never a problem. Appears Fitbit business model has changed in terms of problem resolution and customer service.

Best Answer

Like others my Charge 5 won't synch to my Samsung Flip phone and hasn't since 5th December. 

I charged it this morning and the time is an hour out. I can't change it until it will synch. I have done everything suggested to others.

Now that the time is wrong  it is basically useless. 

I don't have another phone so?????

Best Answer

Thats exactly what happened to me...

Best Answer

Same problem with me inspire 3 not pairing with samsung fold 3. 

Pls find its solution 

Best Answer

"Early 2023" sounds like this won't be fixed until springtime, if that. That's just TOO long for us to be without functional watches. So, sadly just put my nearly-brand-new Fitbit away and fired up my old Samsung Gear just to be able to get notifications and device unlock again. I really loved the Charge 5 vs. the Gear Fit, but it's absolutely worthless without the the pairing/sync features! All I want for Christmas is my Fitbit to work again 🙂

Best Answer

I think we need a fixed date asap Fitbit or give us refunds. Can anyone advise if this is illegal?

Best Answer

Good question I'd love to know the answer to this period

Best Answer

Hi, Lizzy. Can you give us a likely month that will come out? Thinking of all the Fitbits and Android phones under trees right now... having the Fitbit bricked by a phone update is likely going to put a kink in a few New Year's resolutions. This seems like a pretty major incident...

Best Answer
Fitbit's handling of this issue makes me feel that they have NO software
engineers assigned to help us, and they have NO intention to do so unless
someone is completely out of anything worth doing. So pray for your luck,
dear customer.

Did Google buy Fitbit just to raid their talents and infrastructure? Is
Fitbit now left to rot away while Google takes care of its legitimate brand?
Best Answer
This is a good point...since Google now owns Fitbit, isn't this a Google
problem? Shouldn't Google give us updates? I think I remember seeing
somewhere in the depths of my research into my phone that Google had
something to do with Android updates as well...but it's all kind of a blur
with the constant trial and error and looking up stuff on my phone and
computer about the Charge 5 and my Flip 3.
Best Answer

@1stPetdrkoc Android mobile OS is a Google product so we have Google fitbits, Google OS and the only 3rd party is Samsung

Best Answer
Had same issue. Luckily had wife's iPhone to sync while waiting for "The
Fix".
Best Answer
0 Votes
They don't seem to care
Best Answer

I just received a new pebble (had mine 1 day when my phone did an update and a new pebble was Fitbit's answer). Same issues...duh. So after almost 3 weeks I still have no working device. Called customer support they said pair it with another phone or tablet which I do not have. The guy said to just borrow one from a friend or family so I can pair it.  What so , I can I have a fancy pedometer that I cant sync and see stats daily???? I would return it to Amazon if I still had the package (tossed it since I assumed it would work just like my previous one, my bad). Customer service yesterday said they hope to have a fix mid January but they it might be later, i just needed to be patient. I am so mad that i wasted money on a product I can't fully use. At this point I am tempted to sell it and move on to a competitor.  This is ridiculous and frustrating.  Complete waste of time and money. 

Best Answer

Same here, can't even use it to tell time!

Perhaps Google is trying to kill the Fitbit brand by not forcing any resolution and move forward with more Google devices? Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Beginning to look that way
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is sad that FitBit doesn't recognize that most of the folks with these (affected) devices are the folks most likely to buy their best products. Truly embarrassing reaction time and ambiguity on resolution. Merry Christmas, FitBit. 🙃

Best Answer