Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Galaxy Z-flip 3  Verizon, live in NJ  update Dec.24, shows the following Software F711USQS3EVK7, while i am waiting, i was able to pair fitbit to my Galaxy Tab S8 tablet.  still cant get messages on my fitbit, I check daily for updates. this is a giant PITA!  

Best Answer

I've contacted Samsung once already via phone call and was issued a support ticket number, but nothing was resolved.  I contacted them again yesterday via support chat for an update and they were pretty useless.  Contacted them again this morning and have a phone call scheduled to discuss this more later this morning.  Samsung Flip z3, Charge 5, AT&T in California.  Been without a sync since the beginning of December.  I encourage all of you to contact Samsung as this seems to be more of an issue on THEIR part and it seems to be their update that has fixed the problem so far with those that are back online.  Just finished my call with Samsung.  They are advising a full factory reset (backup everything before) to see if that fixes the problem.  YIKES!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's more a fitbit issue than Samsung, my other device is syncing just fine with my fold3

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted tmobile today and was transferred to Samsung. The rep was useless and told me to contact fitbit then he told me to reset the Bluetooth connections which of course did not work. I sent him the link from Samsung stating what the issue is still no response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted Samsung and they suggested a factory reset (make sure to backup all data and pics beforehand).  Has anyone tried this with success?  This would be a real pain, especially if done incorrectly (all pics could be lost).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not reset...
You will lose everything...
Wait it out, shouldbe acouple of days away...

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
No don't do that, I did that and it doesn't help, wait for the update from
Samsung
Best Answer
0 Votes

Verizon in Ohio. No update yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE

There was an update on my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 on 29 Dec 2022. This update solved the Bluetooth issue. Now, my Fold 3 connects to my Fitbit Charge 4, my car radio, and other devices with no problem. The update version is (F926BXXU2DVL9/ F926BBOXM2DVL9/ F926BXXU2DVL9). I live in Saudi Arabia.

Best Answer
Seems like Samsung is focusing the needed update on Europe and Asia before
coming across the pond...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly!  Early 2023?!?  Like Jan 1st??  or maybe March 31st??  
My last sync was Monday (12/26/2022) afternoon.  
I'm really not amused.  
(hashtag:  Fitbit Premium Membership expires early 2023)
EDIT:  Samsung Z Flip3 5G & Fitbit Chg 5---both tend to run seamlessly together.  just sayin'

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used Fitbit for 8 years - quite happily.

But I'm thinking that other technologies have kept up to smarter smart phones and Fitbit is being left in the dust.

I cannot pair to my Samsung fold at all.  And on my Huawii phone I have to turn blue tooth on and off several times to synch.

Rubbish.  The people I gave them to as gifts were polite but probably disappointed.  I didn't actually mean to give them something obsolete.  I feel like I've got a first generation device that hasn't got the bugs out yet.  I've heard Garmin is good?

Best Answer
0 Votes

if your phone is SM-F721B ( B model ) - check for Samsung firmware update ...VL9 fix the problem.

Best Answer

if your phone is SM-F721B ( B model ) - check for Samsung firmware update ...VL9 fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many others, i now have the new Android update and everything working again (I am in the UK currently)

Best Answer

Hi @darlacat - there are some issues currently with Android 13 and some newer Samsung phones.

It also depends on which model Fitbits you bought, the latest Sense 2 and Versa 4 are a lot less versatile than the previous models.

However, if anyone is disappointed with their watch, Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy if bought direct from them or from an authorised shop perhaps, and some stores offer a 14 to 30 day one. If you act quickly it may still be possible to upgrade to the previous models, via refund and repurchase the cheaper ones.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very upset about this. In part because I invested quite a bit of time trying to resolve the problem by diligently following many of the steps offered. I would have appreciated it if you had been able to proactively send this information out to the affected users. 

Also,.is there any way to preserve my data in the meantime? I don't think it is going to continue to store new data for as long as it might take you to fix this big with your product. 

Like I said. I am deeply frustrated with this issue. This is an expensive device. I have been a Fitbit user for 7 years now with numerous models purchased for myself and as gifts. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with how customers have been treated. 

I'm not real thrilled with Samsung, either. The trouble for me started when I downloaded their latest update, actually. 

Best Answer
It's a Samsung update you need to fix it, they seem to be rolling it out in
stages so far
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I'm on Samsung Fold (wife on Flip). Both had the problem. Checked for software updates yesterday, one was waiting but hadn't been pushed for whatever reason, now syncing again following that update.

We're in UK and on the EE network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not syncing followed all your instructions.  Galaxy Z fold 3. Fix your issues. Your customer service reps are rude.

Best Answer
0 Votes