Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Has the update gone through? Still trying to connect my Inspire 3 I received for Christmas and am unable to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not, not as of last night, unfortunately. Customer service did not know either, days, weeks, months,....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here since my last update on my Samsung flip 3 my fitbit and phone will not sync. I've tried everything you listed. Now I have fitbit watch that doesn't even tell time now because it says to download or update fitbit app. Well that's what I've been trying to do since Dec 12th @ 3:14am.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If samsung has sent an update out that fixes the syncing problem with fitbit what is going to happen when fitbit sends out their fix 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes

no update for my samsung Z-flip 3 and no help from Fitbit support!!!  i loaded in the update on 12/24, havent seen a text since then.  And nothing but fitbit but crickets.  this has become BEYOND slow customer service,  How about some REAL information??? like a date when we can expect a fix?  Or how about refunds?

Best Answer

Exactly!!!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Good question Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Welcome to the newcomers. 

Thanks for sharing the status of your current situation. It seems an update from Samsung´s side started rolling out. From Fitbit´s side, please note that this situation has been reported and a solution is in the works. Once I learn more about it, I will let you all know. I really appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rodrigo,

Is there a plan to communicate this issue wider? I notice there is nothing on your Facebook page or website about it and many of us have wasted hours trying troubleshooting tactics when Fitbit already knew that there was a bigger issue.  

Seems quite unethical to still be selling these devices to Samsung users knowing that they currently don't work and there is no solid timeframe for a fix .... 

Best Answer

This is such a relevant comment, totally agree with you @CaroC11 . Problem is that you will get nothing more than a generic pre-written vague corporate answer/reply to your comment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm surprised they haven't removed her post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help me understand how a mid November problem and now almost into 2nd week of January is acceptable? It's not. It can cause psychological issue when someone has a day to day plan. It screwed me up royally. Ive stopped working out literally. Fitbit is a brand. The standards needs to be high! That's what I thought.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Canada. Nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung just rolled out their software update today. Now I can pair and sinc my charge 5 and my samsung galaxy flip 3, finally! 

Best Answer
Hey Gem143, what is your location???
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Jaziubog, Hong Kong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is up to date because I was able to update on my daughter's phone but my luxe will not connect to my z flip since the Android 13 update. This sucks. I called Samsung and they just tried to sell me one of their watches. They said there is nothing wrong with my device it's the Fitbit. Fitbit needs to get it together. I'm tempted to switch to Apple. This is B.S. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad someone's fitbit is working! 🙂

I'm in the states and got the new Samsung version update yesterday. Also had an update for my fitbit today. I tried all the standard unpairing, deleting the current Luxe and reestablishing connection and nothing, it still won't sync. I have a Z Flip 3 and a Luxe fitbit. I'm so over this and def won't invest another cent in fitbit.

Best Answer

My Flip 3 updated and my Luxe is able to sync. @WeightsUp, I feel your frustration. Samsung tried to push it on FitBit the first time I ever contacted them about the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my flip 3 to version 18 (F711USQU3EVL9) on Friday, the 6th. I still could not get my Charge 4 to show up as a USB device. Yesterday morning I checked the USB connections and the Charge 4 showed up as a device. I went directly to my fit bit app and was able to sync that device to the app. Checked it again this morning and it is all working, syncing in the background and on demand. Not sure why I could not see the device in the USB phone app right after the upgrade.

I created this current fitbit profile when I could not get my new flip 3 to connect to my Charge 4. I even reset the Charge 4 to factory default and deleted all my data. I did have a work around to connect to my mini iPad and use my phone as a Media Tracker. So I'm going back to my original profile.

All appears fine in rainy Seattle today. I will be checking regularly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will we get an update to make the Charge 5 connect on the Android 13 os?

I got my Change 5 for Christmas. On January 2nd my phone updated it's firmware, finally, and now my Charge 5 is useless with my phone. I have read that an update is coming, but when?

My Charge 2 is still working so luckily I'm not dead in the water. To have a brand new device not work is very frustrating. Especially since this is a reported issue for over a month now. Can we get a status update? Is this a Samsung patch we'll need to wait for? Is there a workaround? A bit more communication would be appreciated.

I waited many years to get a new tracker. Took me almost a year to pick one, then I do and I can't even use the thing. Without knowing when this will get fixed I'm worried that I should return my Charge 5 while I still can.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3

Firmware version: F711U1UEU3EVK6

Tried every trick in the book to try to connect, app sees the Charge 5 but it will not connect. It times out. Tested it on a co-workers older phone and it worked as designed.

Any update is appreciated. Thank you for your support.

Best Answer
0 Votes