Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Also how does this affect the free premium membership? I never activated it. Will I still get 6 months of free membership when I can actually connect my Charge 5 again? What about the users that did activate their memberships before the device stopped syncing? Will they get additional membership time credited?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes mine did the same, I removed the app and downloaded it again and it
worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know what's up? Fitbit has excuses but no fix's

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a Charge 5 for Christmas.  Worked great until a couple of days ago, when I stopped getting phone notifications.  Didn't really mess with it until today, when I tried everything listed: turn off bluetooth, force close app, restart phone... nothing was working.  Finally reset the Charge.  Nothing changed, except now the Charge just asks me to download the app, which tells me it "Found It!," but can't seem to connect.  Just got off a Chat with Support; it's a "Known Issue," and they're working on it.  No ETA for a fix, and I won't be made aware when one is available.  It just will be.  Suggested that I get another phone to set it up.  First Fitbit, and I'm not really impressed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't connected since December 28. Hopefully with the holidays over someone will look at it. Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometime in November/December, Samsung sent out an update that messed up Bluetooth connections to my Charge 5 and Nest Thermostat. Just tonight, I downloaded Samsung update F926USQU2EVL9 and am now able to sync with my Charge 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

What carrier do you have? I have been checking for updates every day, and just checked again. I don't have it available yet.

Glad to see there's hope on the horizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flip 3 just did an update ending EVKE. Still not working. I got my fitbit this as a gift in December and have not been able to use the device. This is rather frustrating and annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you removed the app then reinstalled it and tried it again?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did and also reset the watch multiple times. it seems like there's another update ending with 9 that resolves the issue 

Best Answer
Yes there was 2, the second one should put it right for you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you at least I know I'm getting there. How long did you have to wait for the second update. I purchased my watch in December and was barely able to use ot for one week.

Thanks for the info

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Z Fold 3 on Verizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Its 2023 now, and the issue is still happening. Any ETA on the bug fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone!

Sooo, I received a prompt about a new software update to my Samsung Z Flip 3 this morning, installed it and followed the steps to connect to my Charge 5.  Can someone who has had success with connecting their devices guide as to what version of Samsung update they have installed onto their phones?  I'm in NY and the last update  Current version is F711USQS3EVKE/ F711UOYN3EVKE/ F711USQS3EVKE.  Thanks~

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get a 2nd update. SAMSUNG said I have lates version. What phone do you have flip or fold?. Do you live in US? Who is your carrier? I've cleared cache, reinstalled app. It's listed on Bluetooth devices but when I select it says I need appm

Best Answer
0 Votes
2nd update came a few days later for my flip4 with O2 in the UK. Have to
uninstall the app and then install it again for it to work properly
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently there's an update after the 3EVKE. I got that same one this morning and my charge 5 still does not work. There's another update ending with a number 9 that should fix the issue

Best Answer
Hi there. I updated on January 3rd. My update ends in EVL9. I have a
Samsung Z Gold 3 and Fitbit charge 4.
Best Answer

Ah ok....so the one ending in 9 should do the trick???

Best Answer
0 Votes