Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

This happened to me as well. I reset the Charge 5 and removed the app. I then started fresh and everything paired fine. I did have to set my preferences and alarms again but it's working again after 3 months🙄

Best Answer

Thank you @kjasonadams. Performing a factory reset of the fitbit solved the problem.

In the end I had to:

• remove the fitbit from the app
  • uninstall the app
  • factory reset the fitbit
  • install the app
  • pair the two of them

I now, for the first time, have a Charge 5 that is willing to speak to my phone.

Best Answer
The app is working and the device is syncing properly now. I think they
rolled out patches on either side or maybe both sides which fixed the
problem.

I'm still pretty upset that this happened in the first place, and very
upset that they took so long to acknowledge the problem. But I do
appreciate that my devices are working as they should for the time being.
Best Answer

😞

I have done absolutely everything, updated everything, uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted and factory reset, basically everything in the books, fitbit support reached out to me and had me run some sort of diagnostic report and send it to them. That was 3 days ago and still nothing, and I haven't heard back.

I'm really about to give up, I'm so bummed

Best Answer
Do you have any other device on your Bluetooth that has your Fitbit app on it! Once I uninstalled Fitbit from my tablet and turned off the Bluetooth on the tablet, I was able to pair to my fold 4 and it's been working fine!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I'm glad some of you were able to sync correctly, and thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. Your feedback is also appreciated, please know we'll continue working to improve our devices and services, as well as the experience with them.

@MudGoblin Thanks for letting me know the steps you've tried on your own. I understand how frustrating this has been and I apologize for the experience. I went ahead to check your details and it seems our Support team continues working on your case. You're on good hands, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI LizzyFitbit  After waiting patiently for a fitbit fix to the December update and as I said a couple of weeks ago all was good. Today I received another update for my Fold 4, with great trepidation I did the update and checked to see if the app would sync, voila, all is good. Just to let you know if users start asking whether to do the update or not.

Best Answer

After the update on 1/4, my luxe will not connect with my Bluetooth on my galaxy z flip 3

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20230128_080823.jpg

 I keep getting stuck here...

Nevermind!! Took an hour of trying to sync and all seems to be working, for now!

Best Answer

On your fitbit try going to settings>about>Clear user data. Then make sure your Bluetooth isn't connected to your fitbit. It might prompt pairing on your phone, follow that or do it manually. Mine finally works now 😁

Best Answer

I'm one of the ones who lost sync between my Samsung Fold and Charge 5 on December 2 when T Mobile rolled out the Android update, then used an old tablet as a work around. My phone suddenly asked me for permission to pair with my Fitbit this morning, and after a couple of errors, it succeeded on its own. It's finally paired and syncing directly. The programmers seem to have come up with a rather elegant fix that almost ran by itself in the background, needing very little from me, which is a big plus. Kudos to them for that. Too bad Fitbit didn't take initiative to do that from the beginning. 

Like others, I'm glad this is resolved, but I'm not happy. This whole situation was very poorly handled from the beginning by Fitbit. I was a loyal user that loved Fitbit. Now I feel betrayed and treated badly on every level. Instead of trying to hide everything and even acting childish in a few instances, staff should have been open, honest, providing good PR and support, and fair compensation for the months of non functioning products, especially for those who didn't have any workarounds and paid for premium services. I, like many others, will be shopping elsewhere when this device is due to be replaced. Didn't have the funds to do it now, or I'd likely already be gone to a competitor. Hopefully another brand cares more about their customers. 

Best Answer

Frustrating... I have been contacted by Fitbit support and they want me to send a bug report which requires some complicated steps of me becoming a developer on my own phone. I am not here to do your job for you and figure out why Android/fitbit aren't working together. This is a known issue that you should resolve without me providing this info. I unistalled the app, unpaired, signed out of all devices, factory reset, and it still won't pair. Why is there no fix for this for us yet? 

Best Answer

They asked me to do that too and when I finally did it the report is too big to send via email! Try this though:

On your fitbit try going to settings>about>Clear user data. Then make sure your Bluetooth isn't connected to your fitbit. It might prompt pairing on your phone, follow that or do it manually

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh wow! That's a bummer.  I did that already -__-' but thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

@Darryl1@k-e@Kells90 and @Phoenix1967 Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you, the screenshot provided, as well as your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. While I'm glad the issue got resolved for you, I understand where you're coming from about this situation. This isn't the type of experience that we want our members to go through and your feedback is appreciated as it'll help us to improve our devices, as well as our services.

@nyJULZmd Thanks for keeping me posted, and the steps tried on your own. Because you already have a case created, my best advice is to reply back to their last email. Our Support team has specialized tools that will allow them to investigate and provide you with more information, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I have the Samsung ZFlip4. I received the Samsung update yesterday and synced the phone with my Charge 4 afterwards following the Fitbit instructions and since then everything works.

Best Answer
Exactly! It's been since December. This is ridiculous. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hi there, @Missmc75 and @Kia2.

@Missmc75 I'm glad your Charge 4 is syncing correctly and I appreciate your efforts in trying the steps suggested in this thread. Hope you can keep crushing your goals!

@Kia2 Thanks for keeping me posted, and I'm sorry you continue having this issue. Given this situation, I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. Our Support team will get in touch with you via email, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer

Hi, @Honeypot0327 welcome to the community, I understand this issue may have been resolved by recent updates. Please check your phone and the Fitbit app are both up to date.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

New Samsung flip 4 and my wife's new Samsung fold 4 both will not sync with our two fitbit 5.  Re booted phone, unistalked fitbit app, and re installed.   Checked all settings.  Sees the fitbit on Bluetooth but will not sync.  Someone said fitbit has an issue with android software update.  Help anyone its very frustrating and thing of stopping using fitbit despite many years with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes