Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

I have also upgraded to Android 13- EVKE version.  Is there also a 9 version?  What craziness is this and how do I get my Fitbit Premium money back since I can't use the device?

---------

I got it!!  I used the live chat help.  After getting the 3.73 upgrade and the Android 13- I had to unpair/delete the device from the app and re-pair it.  Shout out to Daniel for his help!!!!  That was really frustrating but I'm so happy now!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@Rob12345678@MudGoblin and @Rtrotter23 I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I appreciate the time taken in trying the steps suggested before. To look into this, take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to your reply. Also, if you used a second phone, confirm if you made sure to remove your Fitbit device from the Bluetooth settings of your other phone. Look forward to your response.

@Kells90@Laineym and @Shanhobs Thanks for your efforts and because the update doesn't appear on your end, please go to the Play Store, search for Fitbit and take a screenshot of the About this app section so we can further investigate. To attach an image to your response, see this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally, Good news! I did a factory reset on the watch, re-installed the latest app & now my Z Flip 4 is synced with my Charge 4. Glad to start losing weight again by being able to use my Fitbit to its full potential 🙂

Best Answer
Ok, I am now paired and synching on my Charge 5 after 2 months! Thank you, Lizzie!
The trick at least for now was turning off the Bluetooth on my tablet. I then uninstalled and re-installed the Fitbit app on my Fold 4 phone and reset up the Charge 5 as a new device, I was so happy to see that pairing code come up on my watch!

I am so happy; it really should not have taken this long to get this fixed and I don't think it would have fixed itself without the most recent Samsung update on 1/17/23, but we are good for now!
Best Answer

I have a Luxe fitbit and a Samsung Z Flip phone. The new update was supposed to fix the issue of being unable to pair these two via Bluetooth, but it still will not work.

The update allowed me to go one step further and match the pin to pair, but it will NOT get past this step. Is this issue specific to these two devices together or??? 

Here is a screenshot of where it keeps getting stuck:

Screenshot_20230120_113609.jpg

What else can I try? Ready to give up entirely and go back to wearing a regular old wristwatch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rob12345678 and @Rtrotter23. It's good to see you here.

That's great news. Thanks for your efforts and confirming that your trackers are syncing correctly. I appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback and  rest assured we'll keep working to improve the experience with our devices, as well as our services. Happy stepping!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20230121_125441_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_125420.jpg

my app is up to date but it still gets stuck here 

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit. I have tried all above suggestions several times and my Sense 2 still would not pair with my Samsung (Android version 13, One UI 5.0). Any other recommendations please? I had also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and am now on 3.73.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to my earlier post.  Thank you all for your responses, they steered me in the right direction to get resolve.  After more research and additional contact with a fitbit rep, my charge 5 is now set up and working with the app.  There were several things in my phone settings that needed to be set to allow, then we had to delete the old charge 4, log out of fitbit, power the phone on and off, run an update and a few other things.  The fitbit rep was aware of the issue with zfold and was able to talk me through.  I hope this will be helpful to others with the same issue.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue--- stuck on this screen. Which is further than I got last month. I didn't get the pairing code before, but now it's stuck on this "connecting." I have a Luxe and Flip4 phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all the same things I and others have done before and it worked this time. Nothing I know of has been updated. I deleted the app, a d the Bluetooth de ices off my wife's iPad. I reset the Charge 5. I uninstalled the app on my Fold4. Turned off bluetooth. Rebooted the phone. Turned on Bluetooth. Reinstalled the app. Rubbed my head. Patted my belly. Picked my nose. Presto chango. Abracadabra. And a few spells I learned watching Harry Potter films. It's connected and syncing. No idea why. With any luck we'll get an update in a couple days and it will break it. I will not suffer through this again.Fitbit. All my other Bluetooth devices including a Garmin Golf watch all worked fine. Not Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I've lost count of how many times I've uninstalled/ reinstalled the app,  rebooted my phone, and factory reset my device.  Not working yet.  I was faked out when it tried to pair with a code because that's further than I got last month.  Womp wommmppp...

Best Answer

Hi again @LizzyFitbit. Following your advice above, I removed my Sense 2 from the app and now trying to set it up again. However, my Samsung Galaxy S20+ phone now does not recognise the device at all (this is charged, the phone's bluetooth works perfectly well with other devices). Any suggestions? 

Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

Screenshot_20230122_155010.jpg

 If i dont factory reset my fitbit this is the screen i get stuck on. then it times out and sends me to this page

Screenshot_20230122_155111.jpg

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@Kells90@gabmatei@nyJULZmd and @MudGoblin Thanks for trying the steps suggested above, and the screenshots provided. I'm sorry your Fitbit devices aren't connecting correctly and I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can provide you with further assistance. They'll get in touch with you via email, please keep an eye on your inbox.

@Laineym and @jamesgerboc Thanks for keeping me posted and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad you got this sorted out and I'm sure your post will help others visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

In case this helps anyone ... my charge 5/fold 3 had been syncing again since mid-December when I got the VL9 android update. However today I got a new android update and also the new fitbit app, and initially syncing seemed to be broken again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, turned bluetooth off and on, restarted the watch and still the pairing dialogue just said the bluetooth connection had failed. However I then got an android popup to ask if I wanted to allow the app access to bluetooth and after saying yes it seems to be working again, so at least for me it looks like the app permission was the culprit - I didn't get asked anything about permissions when I reinstalled the app, but in fact it looked like most permissions had gone back to being disabled.

Best Answer

This has still not been fixed, I have been unable to sync now for a month, please can you advise when this will be sorted. I have an android phone (samsung) and an Ace 3 watch. Thank you

Best Answer

Hi there, @SteveB-UK@Landy10 Welcome on board.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts about this situation. As a friendly reminder, this thread is related to the syncing issues with Samsung Galaxy Z Flip/Fold phones. If you have a different Samsung or Android phone, please make sure to try the troubleshooting described here and start a new thread in the Help Forums if you need further assistance.

@SteveB-UK I'm glad your Charge 5 is syncing correctly, and thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm sure your post will help other members visiting this thread.

@Landy10 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand how you're feeling and to further investigate, may I know the model and OS version of your phone? Are you getting an error message? Also, have you tried the steps described in my previous post?

Best Answer

Hi @Nothanku are you setting up your tracker through the Fitbit App? When was the tracker removed from your fitbit account? Your title mentions a sync issue, but you are describing a setup issue, 

First thoughts

• Hold your finger in the fitbit icon
  • Tap the "i" for info
  • Tap stop app
  • Choose data
  • Clear cache.
  • Switch to the fitbit app, leave settings open in the background
  • Try the setup. 
  • If setup fails. 
  • Try setup through WiFi and cellular network
  • Still fail? Go back to settings and clear data. You have been logged out and will need to log in. 
  • Switch to fitbit and setup the tracker. 

If setup still fails

If it was me, I'd borrow a phone, preferably from a friend with a fitbit. 

• Setup my fitbit
  • Log out of the app
  • Remove my tracker from their list of trusted Bluetooth devices. 
  • Now open the app on my flip phone. Approve any security requests. 
  • Now that we are set-up, the fitbit app will try to sync.

If a sync fails, we no longer have a setup issue, we have a no sync issue and this is easier to deal with. 

Fitbit has started to roll out an update to their Android App

Still not working? 

Remove the fitbit app, reboot phone, install the fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I currently have a Flip3 on Android Version 13 (F711wvlu3evl9) and running the fitbit app version 3.73 (37381041) and a charge 5 version 57.20001.188.58 and I cannot connect the two devices. I am stuck on the "Searching for Charge 5" screen. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes