Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444
My last update was F721BXXU1BVL9 I've got a flip4
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try removing the fitbit app.and then reinstalling it see if it works
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up just returning my Fitbit. No point in hanging on to it and hoping a workaround comes through before the window to return closes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your efforts, as well as the steps tried on your own. I'm happy to share with you that our team released the Android App 3.73, and you should be able to sync your Fitbit devices with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip/Fold phones. This update is progressively rolling out to all our members, so if you don't see it yet, please check the Play Store later and install it once it's available.

Your patience is truly appreciated and don't hesitate to share any question that you have after updating the update.

Best Answer

Nope... No update available yet in Canada (Fitbit or Android)... 😠

Best Answer

I had an update to my Samsung Z Flip3 5G today, Jan 9, and it still won’t pair with my Charge 5. But…at least my Bluetooth is recognizing my Charge 5 — couldn’t do that before. My issues started after a Samsung update on December 23. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see in other threads there is a very recent change where the Charge 5 stopped talking to some Samsung models on Android 13 due to a Bluetooth stack change.  

I want to know if I need to process a return and pick another manufacturer and device.  I just received my NEW Charge 5 today and I am very much looking forward to using it.

I cannot tell in the forums whom I am waiting on.  If I am waiting on Fitbit/Google for a firmware update, how do I install that without connectivity to my phone?  It appears to be a catch 22. 

If I am waiting on Samsung, then am I waiting for the January update?  I have the December update (ATT unlocked) Z Fold 3.  Or am I waiting more than a month for the February update?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None here in Canada. Not sure why we are always behind 

Best Answer
Don't worry. A lot of the US doesn't hair it either.
Best Answer

Hi @Ivan9000  Fitbit just released an update to the app, so why not try getting that first.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  In the last 30 minutes?  I've been deleting and installing the app as part of my troubleshooting since 3PM ET.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 3.72

Best Answer
0 Votes
@LizzyFitbit wrote:
Hi everyone!
Thanks for your efforts, as well as the steps tried on your own. I'm happy to share with you that our team released the Android App 3.73, and you should be able to sync your Fitbit devices with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip/Fold phones. This update is progressively rolling out to all our members, so if you don't see it yet, please check the Play Store later and install it once it's available.
Your patience is truly appreciated and don't hesitate to share any question that you have after updating the update.
Lizzy please tell your boss that we are running out of patience. Hundreds of customers are unable to use their devices yet fitbit is "progressively rolling out the update " why not just roll out the update to everyone since fitbit already got our money. I Honestly feel like this response is untrue. I am yet to read any comme rs about someone receiving a fitbit update. All updates have been through samsung. 
Best Answer

According to another Android related Fitbit support forum, Version 3.73 is filtering through the Play Store and it fixes the issue for Folds and Flips.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Progressively"  I don't understand this logic either. Everyone who uses an Android should receive it at once. I'm on the fense and close to ordering Garmin if this isn't settled by tomorrow or the 11th at the latest. "Progressively" is another way for them to tell us to calm down and wait since November wasn't enough. Things go wrong it happens but the amount of time of waiting never seen anything like this in my life lol.

Best Answer

This has taken too long for me. I have a Luxe and a Fold 4 and no updates for me and I have not been able to sync for about 6 weeks now.

I ordered the Oura ring yesterday. Even if I am able to sync the Luxe before it arrives I am still not going to continue with Fitbit. The repeated boilerplate response from moderators and the fix taking so long has deteriorated my trust in Fitbit.

Best Answer

It's not available. I'm glad that our Fitbits are from Costco. They have a great return policy for items that don't work.

Best Answer

As with anything else, these releases are rolling. It takes time to get to everyone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are we talking Uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app?

I did just that and nothing worked.

I'm in Phila have a flip z 4, charge 5. With t- mobile.

Is there another app 3.78 somewhere???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on the fix for connection issue with phones with android 3

Best Answer
0 Votes