Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Samsung made a statement on their community.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Store-Apps-more/Bluetooth-issues-emerge-in-stable-Samsung...

This shows that not only Fitbit users are affected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what you are trying to say is that your phone hasn t synced back since August? :(:(

My Android updated to 13 a week ago, I argued with some idiots at Fitbit and I cant send it back as  I already have it since september :(. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hans026 It also refers specifically to Galaxy S phones and it being resolved. Most people here have Galaxy Z phones and we have no resolution.

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Galaxy Z Fold 4, I posted an update on my original thread! I am syncing as of this morning, but I do think it is doing this indirectly because of my Bluetooth link on my tablet that has NOT been updated! It is not a smooth workaround, but it is working! Not changing anything for right now until I get a much higher comfort level that it is working as expected!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Right so what you really mean is that it isn't working with your Fold 4. It's working on a different device. 

Best Answer

The phone synced fine till last week when my Android updated to 13.  Before I called I did all the feasible "what to do if things don't work" for around a morning and then "chatted" with the online customer service which told me to do them all again and then afterwards when obviously nothing worked it was like "sorry yes we know there's a problem and we're working on a fix".  It appears that this fix is a very complex one (and yes I'm being tongue in cheek) as it's taking the update team forever to find a fix for something that they would have seen during the Beta release of 13 and I would assume not done their job then.  I am very frustrated and disappointed with Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Android updated last week. I have been without syncing since Tuesday, 12/06/2022. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this?

Best Answer

Agreed. The poor communication about the issue given they've been aware of it since at least Dec 3 is the most aggravating part. Why is support still wasting time having people go through all the troubleshooting steps. Smh.

Best Answer

I am guessing that support wants to waste our time. When I got on the chat, that's the first thing they asked. I told them I did that several times. They beta tested the update. They should have a fix by now. I.T. needs to work faster.

Best Answer

It is not working with my flip 4 but I can sync my watch to the iPad with no problem. They really need to fix this problem. I wish I could back out of the update for Android 13. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, an AT&T 5G smartphone

I hope they get it figured out soon. I did not realize how much I rely on my phone interacting with my fitbit. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, an AT&T 5G smartphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do I

Thats the phone I've got, it wouldn't sync so contacted fitbit who had me
uninstall the app then it wouldn't pair again after that

Best Answer

my husband has the Samsung zfold model and he is having this issue can you let me know when it’s fixed please

Best Answer

Same issue, app is no longer syncing with Fitbit 5.

Using Samsung Galaxy S22. Android 13.

Are you seriously suggesting to use another phone, are you joking! What sort of advice is that!!

Best Answer
Hopefully fitbit will let us know when it's fixed, the guy I messaged today
was going to look into the Samsung software upgrade aa that seems to be
the issue
Best Answer

My husband has the same phone and having the same problem. 

Best Answer
I upgraded to Android 13 over a week ago, however I did the update of my
Fitbit yesterday so I think it's more to do with Fitbit than the phone update.
Best Answer

Outside of the app.  The fitbit needs to be removed(unpaired) from your smartphone's own bluetooth settings (not just in the fitbit app):

Android: Set up, unpair, or find a Bluetooth accessory 

iOS: Unpair a Bluetooth accessory 

Take care 🙂

Splat Matt
Want to be a fitbit power user? More Info
Not getting notifications on your fitbit? Help Here

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got a new fitbit and it won't pair so no idea, will see what fitbit
come back with over it
Best Answer

Z-Flip 3 owner and former Fitbit owner here...

I threw my Charge 4 away last night and ordered a Garmin. 

It's absolutely ridiculous how badly Google/Fitbit is handling this situation. 

There is ZERO chance I'll own another Fitbit after this debacle. 

Best Answer