Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

I do not see update on Google play store. Only see version 3.72.

Best Answer

Trust..... On point! It feels it's broken.

Best Answer

For some since American Thanksgiving for me mid December because I decided to update my phone as requested by Android. Into January 10 it's almost commical at this point. Early 2023 as they say. If I don't receive the update between now and the 11th I'm getting another watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received update EVL9 on Verizon in Texas today. Fitbit Charge 4 now connects correctly. I've already moved on the the Garmin. Thanks for everything 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried connecting to my Samsung tablet and have the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, well.
Happy to report that I just downloaded the Samsung update ending BVL9.
System is up and running at the present.
Have a Flip z 4, Charge 5, t-mobile, and live in Phila, Pa.
Hope it holds...
Good luck everyone...
Best Answer

Manual downloaded the Samsung update ending BVL9. Installed.

Unpair the Charge 5 in the Fitbit app, then uninstall and reinstall Fitbit app. 

Add device in the Fitbit app

System is up and running at the present.
Have a Flip z 4, Charge 5, T-Mobile, and I am in St. Paul, MN

Thanks for the tips provided by the others in this community

Best Answer

App 3.73 is not available yet... the app version in play is still 3.72  

Best Answer

got the new EVL9 last night and downloaded it to my Z-flip 3, disconnected fitbit from my tablet, paired with phone. havent gotten a text yet, but i am seeing my reminder to move notifications. I am in NJ, Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

All updates *have* been through Samsung. If there were any app update, it still wouldn't have worked because Samsung Fold/Flip weren't allowing it to connect. That was another canned response trying to settle the angry people. 

Best Answer

I am going to hang in there. I am fortunate enough to use my IPad to sync my Fitbit to the Fitbit app, then I open Fitbit app on my Flip 3 and can update it (noy sync). I am sure a fix will be coming soon. Good luck to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same once the update EVL9 comes through, it'll work again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone gotten the correct update on flip 3 on tmobile network in the USA? I got the EVKE update last night still won't sync my charge 5

Best Answer
Just checked for the BVL9 update manually. It was there. Downloaded it to
my phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app. Restarted my charge
5. And it's finally working!!!
Best Answer

My phone updated on the 3EVK6 last January 2nd and that's the last time my luxe had synced. I have tried all the solutions suggested, restart, reinstall and nothing worked. Cannot even connect via bluetooth. Yes I have flip 3 and on tmobile too. 😞 Frustrating!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to see that the BVL9 software is fixing the issue for most Android Z 3 Flip/Charge 5 users.  How do you check for the software update BVL9 manually?  Where is it located?

Apparently that version (EVKE) won't fix the problem the BVL9 is the one that seems to fix the issue. 

Best Answer
Go to settings
Software update
Download and Install
Best Answer
0 Votes
It finally synced after the newest Android update. We'll see how it goes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, just went there and received notification "Your software is up to date"...aka this version is not yet available to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Under settings and Software update.
Best Answer
0 Votes