Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit Bit app on kindle is not up to date

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a question about the fitbit app regarding the update for android I have a kindle fire hd 6 and it's running os 5 through amazon and I did not receive the latest app update for android with the newer icon for the fitbit app can I get the latest version for the fitbit app for the kindle fire hd 6?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Noaher Woman Very Happy, hope you're doing great! Kindle is a non supported device, you can check here. This is due to a Bluetooth incompatibility. What could have happened is that your compatible phone or computer was near and helped to sync the tracker. 

How you doing my friend @SunsetRunner?

Looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

You need to speak with Amazon about that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Noaher Woman Very Happy, hope you're doing great! Kindle is a non supported device, you can check here. This is due to a Bluetooth incompatibility. What could have happened is that your compatible phone or computer was near and helped to sync the tracker. 

How you doing my friend @SunsetRunner?

Looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,

You say that kindle is not a supported device but I have been using mine for over 9 months! Admittedly I am have problems updating from v 2.20.1 to 2.42 and could this be the reason why? 

Alfie N. from the Fitbit Team has e-mailed me to update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been using the kindle fire 5 app since Christmas 2016. It doesn't let me change account settings, but I can still sync and view my exercise and sleep and other stats. I just can't change the clock face, the goals, etc. Change silent alarms work though. I was wondering form Fitbit when they are going to update the kindle fire app? I want to be able to view my sleep stages.

Best Answer

I really don't understand why they claim it is not supported when there is an older version of the app in the Amazon Appstore and it works fine. Maybe later versions won't work? I could try side-loading it and see if it works. Kind of annoying to be stuck on v2.20.1.

Best Answer

@Bob4866 wrote:

Hi Marre,

You say that kindle is not a supported device but I have been using mine for over 9 months! Admittedly I am have problems updating from v 2.20.1 to 2.42 and could this be the reason why? 

Alfie N. from the Fitbit Team has e-mailed me to update.

How are you trying to update it? By side-loading? What problem did you have? And I am confused about your last sentence. Did Alfie send you updated info or did they ask you to post an update here?

Update: I tried to side-load and it would not install.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has finally released an update for kindle fire on this date. It's their first one since March 2016! I am so happy they updated it! The dashboard is updated, and my app is running MUCH better than before. Thank you fitbit!

Best Answer