Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Ionic will not update with Samsung 9+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have had my Ionic for a little over a month and I am still not able to update the software. After 2 hours of trying, uninstalling, reinstalling, unpairing, repairing and factory resets, I was told they are not compatible?? Does anyone know when this will get fixed? Or if ever? This is very frustrating and a continuing problem since I got the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Epmillwagon, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community and I appreciate your feedback regarding the compatibility of the Samsung Galaxy 9+.

The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

It was a good idea trying the steps you mentioned to address the issue to update the Fitbit Ionic. If this issue continue, I would suggest, as a matter of review the following help article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

As a workaround if is possible, you can try updating your Ionic with a computer as an alternative. For more details review our article: How do I update my Fitbit device?

See you later and hope this suggestion provides some help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes