Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR won't connect to my oneplus6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Grrr Fitbit alta hr wouldnt connect no matter what I do!!!! Needs sorting 😖😖

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Are you trying to connect as part of the initial setup or has it been working ok but has now stopped connecting?

I note that the phone is not on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices

If it has worked before then I would try restarting your phone and then restarting your fitbit using this procedure:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give this a few tries as it doesn't always work. 

Best Answer

Its first time set up, does this mean I will have to wait until Fitbit add the phone to the devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My and my friend bought new Versa upgrading form Charge2 which worked flawlessly btw. Now we can't even add the new Versa to OnePlus 5 and Oneplus 5T(my friend), it just keeps saying "Bluetooth issues". Support is saying only Oneplus 1 is compatible.

Seriously man OnePlus is making super high end Android devices and no device after Oneplus 1 is supported. That was 5 years ago man.

Terribly disappointing. Waste of time and money

Best Answer
0 Votes

If a phone isn't on the list it can mean that it has been tested by fitbit and proven to not work (or only partially work) or it could just mean that it hasn't been tested.

It's always worth trying the setup - my phone is not listed but works fine - and worth trying the restart if you have problems but it sounds like in this case that it's not going to work.

Best Answer

I have no restart button on my charger for the Alta HR and it's still not working... Seems pointless having a bloody Fitbit if I can't connect it to my phone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The restart button is easy to miss - it's at the USB end of the cable. It may not be there though if the charging cable is not a fitbit original.

Best Answer

Hello @SteveH. Welcome to the Forums @SianieC and @omprashantjain.

@SianieC Like @SteveH mentioned, the button should be there unless the charging cable is not an original Fitbit one. 

As for the situation itself, I could see that the OnePlus 6 or 5 are not currently a part of our supported devices list. This would mean that we cannot guarantee that the app will function given that there might be some optimization or compatibility issues with the device.

Some users have reported, like @SteveH suggested, that following the regular troubleshooting steps does work to get the Fitbit to work and sync with a phone that is not on the list. I'd say that it is certainly worth a try. 

Please let us know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the troubleshooting guides on this community and also talked to a customer support executive and exhausted all the steps.

The result is I can't even connect my Versa with my OnePlus5. It's just as it came out of box and I am not able to use it at all. This is not fair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @omprashantjain.

Thanks for going through all of those steps. Because the phone is not on the supported devices list, we cannot guarantee that it will work 100% of the time. 

Do you have a computer or a different device that you could try to use in order to sync your Fitbit?

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had an issue connecting my Alta HR to one plus 6 but finally I was able to do it, so it is possible for this device to sync with fitbit device.

There may be different issues for not being able to connect but mine was this:

I did not get the 4 digit code on the screen of Alta HR, so first I restarted the Alta HR.

You can restart it by holding for 1 sec and releasing (repeat 3/4 times) the button that is located on the USB charger.

After that I started getting the 4 digits on the Alta screen but the phone was not able to connect to (get to the screen where you input the digits).

At this stage turning on/off the bluetooth on the phone and trying to reconnect helped getting to the screen.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @ShellyBit.

Thanks for taking the time to share the process that allowed your Fitbit to sync again.

I'm sure that other users will find your post useful and helpful in trying to get their Fitbits to sync with their OnePlus phone.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes