Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta won't sync with my Vodafone ultra 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just paid over £100  for a fitbit alta - now I find it isn't compatible with my vodafone ultra 7!  Why not? This is ridiculous.  I have wasted all this money for  something that doesn't work.  I can't return the fitbit under the terms of purchase.  Why is there no warning that these things don't work with all phones.
Angry?  No I am absolutely furious.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity / Format

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Renka, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and I absolutely can understand why you are furious.

There are different mobile phones out in the market that in the majority are built with the same core specifications that make your phone similar to a compatible phone, specially if the OS of your phone is Android or your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE). The difference comes when the manufacturer insert a personalized layer of Android OS (Updates in the firmware) to support different features of the phone itself has to offer.

However the Fitbit app is optimized to work with this changes when a mobile device is listed as compatible. The main reason of this is because our team has tested the phone and we can guarantee the features will work as is expected, the same reason it is important for a phone is listed as compatible.

Compatibility information is available in our dedicate list of compatible mobile devices at: https://www.fitbit.com/devices and in the product manual "Setting up your Fitbit Alta" section that can be found in our help site specifically for Alta trackers.

If your phone is not communicating at all with your tracker, I suggest setting up using a computer. I know is not the best solution, but it is an alternative. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for future updates!

See you later and for more questions stay tuned to our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply Roberto.  I have set up the Alta on my laptop since it just will not 'talk' to my phone.  The phone says it is paired on bluetooth but the app on the phone  won't go past 'searching.  the laptop set up is not ideal but at least it means my £100+ is not totally wasted.  i will look at the info you listed thanks.

Best Answer