Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crash when logging in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have installed the fitbit app on my samsung s6, and i am trying to join but as i choose my fitbit and proceed to the next page which requires me to enter my email address the app keeps crashing, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times but the problem keeps happening.

Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for taking a break from stepping! Welcome aboard @SharanC, @Theresau@Sovern1, @Stuart75Heart

Thanks for your participation and for trying these steps guys! Please take a look of this workaround that our good friend @ilj suggested in this thread: Fitbit app crash at login screen. You can add your questions or comments here too.

Give it a try, I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having the exact same problem on a galaxy s7

Best Answer

Same phone, same issue. Tried allowing all permissions and still crashes.

Best Answer

Hi,

Same issue on my Nexus 5X (Android 7.1.2). Worked okay yesterday but today refuses to open. Tried all of the above too.

Cheers

Best Answer
Finally got it working. Had to allow Fitbit app the Location permission, turned on bluetooth and location. App now logs in and syncs device.
Best Answer

Did not work for me, switched on all permissions, location and Bluetooth, same issue.

Tried to install on my tablet (Nexus 9) and same issue. 

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping! Welcome aboard @SharanC, @Theresau@Sovern1, @Stuart75Heart

Thanks for your participation and for trying these steps guys! Please take a look of this workaround that our good friend @ilj suggested in this thread: Fitbit app crash at login screen. You can add your questions or comments here too.

Give it a try, I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, adding the telephone permission to Google play services (it already had the other) seems to have fixed it. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for the head up @Stuart75! That's of great help. Please don't hesitate in getting back if you encounter any other problem so we can update information in this thread as this workaround has being marked as the solution for this issue! Smiley Happy

Thanks a million and please stay in touch! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes