Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App draining my battery...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My S7 battery is just getting destroyed by the Fitbit app. It's eating 50% of the total power consumed. Did you guys just push out an update or something? I'm going to have to uninstall it.
Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It's great to see you around @Himerope. It's weird to hear that the Fitbit app is consuming your phone's battery. I recommend checking your phone since an app can't drain a phone's battery.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dude, I have a PhD in computer science. Let me explain to you how this works. The app consumes excessive amounts of CPU time, forcing the clockspeed of the CPU to increase and keeping it from idling and therefore using electricity, which comes from the battery. The Android operating system is reporting that the Fitbit app is using 50% of the power consumed by my phone. That number should be around 1% or less.

Please send this issue to your tech department who knows more about this kind of thing.
Best Answer

disable "Continuous Sync" (or something like)

Dude, I have a PhD in computer science. 

having a PhD and knowing how to set the smartphone are 2 different things.

I have a lot of engineers here, some don't know how to change batteries in a remote.

Best Answer
It's not turned on. I've been using the app for several months and haven't had this issue until the latest update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you check the apps that are consuming your battery @Himerope? And @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by. Woman Wink If you haven't, I recommend doing the following from your Android phone:

1. Go to your phone's settings

2. Slide down and tap Battery

3. Tap Battery usage

By doing this you will be able to see which apps are consuming your phone's battery.

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is exactly what I did. And the Fitbit app is consuming 50% of my phone's power usage anytime I check.
Best Answer

Hey @Himerope. It's nice to have you in the Forums! 

I recommend checking if you're using the most updated Fitbit App for your mobile Android. The latest one should be the version 2.38 that was released a couple of days ago. If you have the latest version, I suggest to remove the app, restart your phone and reinstall the app.

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This feed was painful to read through. There are continued issues with this app, my wife has a Galaxy S6, same issues persist. You tell users to go update the app, and to check the android battery % per app page. People have done that, on every post i've seen, and every moderator that comments continue to side step the issues. 

What is causing this?

Best Answer

I am using the latest Fitbit Android app, version 2.44, and it is not draining the battery very much at all. I just checked the Battery Usage report on my phone's settings, and it shows that Fitbit has used 4% of the battery in the last 24 hours. That is an insignificant amount of battery usage.  

As a side note, I always restart the phone after installing an update to the Fitbit app to ensure it has cleared cache and gotten a good load.

Best Answer

Same problem.  Phone is at 100% when I get to the trail and is totally drained within 7 hours.

Best Answer

Um... I'm sorry but your wrong. 

Best Answer

This issue started 10 days ago. I have turned my phone off and the issue persists. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. My full battery drains in 6 hours. I hope there is no fix 

Best Answer
0 Votes