Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App will not allow activity name to change

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Edit Activity Name Aerobics to Snow Shoveling will not allow it to change. I am used to Garmin allowing this but for some reason it will not allow me to edit the activity name. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@timps74 Thanks for the reply and your understanding. You will soon be more familiar with our eco system. Thanks for your patience. 

I was able to track "Workout" and change it aftewards on the app. Have you tried renaming another type of activity? Have you tried renaming the activity on the Fitbit.com Website? I suggest you also let your device track your workout automatically. This means just going to exercise and staying active for at least 15 minutes. After you sync ypour device, the workout will appear on your tracking list. You can then rename the training log. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @timps74 

We were recently informed that the issue with renaming completed activities was partially fixed so that activities that didn't have a GPS option could be renamed. You're the second user that I've seen who has reported that Aerobics can't be renamed. The other user reported that she could edit the name, but the app would not save the new name.

For now, use Workout instead of Aerobics to track your Snow Shoveling activities. I believe you will be able to rename the completed activity in the app.

Hopefully, when the team fixes editing for activities with a GPS option, we'll be able to edit all completed workouts. If I get another update on this issue, I'll report back.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info 15yr + Garmin user trying to move over to Fitbit eco system but a few challanges like this. Also one of the bigger challenges are no support for external heart monitors. No reason not to have this support if you want to be a leader in fitness tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiekoC Thanks for your input. 

@timps74 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for choosing Fitbit to help you with your training. 

I will gladly help you regarding the activity name on the Fitbit app. As @RiekoC mentioned, Android users should now be able to rename automatically tracked activities or trainings that do not track GPS. Fitbit is aware of the situation and is working on a solution. Thanks for your patience. 

I will try to track "Aerobics" and rename it afterwards. Did it work with an alterante training selection? Thanks in advance.

Regarding the support for external heart monitors, I upvoted your post about it already. However, please note that people have asked for this feature and the current status is "Not Currently Planned". Here you can see it: Ability to use Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor or foot pods. Regardless of the status, I encourage you to upvote this post to show your support. Our team is constantly checking this board. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your info. I have been in the Garmin eco system for over 12 years still trying to figure things out.

Best Answer

@timps74 Thanks for the reply and your understanding. You will soon be more familiar with our eco system. Thanks for your patience. 

I was able to track "Workout" and change it aftewards on the app. Have you tried renaming another type of activity? Have you tried renaming the activity on the Fitbit.com Website? I suggest you also let your device track your workout automatically. This means just going to exercise and staying active for at least 15 minutes. After you sync ypour device, the workout will appear on your tracking list. You can then rename the training log. 

Best Answer