Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze music control lost after Android upgrade to Nougat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded my Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7 Nougat and have noticed the music control isn't connecting.  Everything worked fine until the upgrade and even now, everything else is working, including the notifications.  I've tried everything I possibly can - removing the app and reinstalling it, re-pairing the device, shutting both devices down and restarting, gone through my settings, but it's still showing the music as "not connected".  It's not a facility I use all the time, but when I do use it, it's extremely handy

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @DebMcG, its nice to see you again! I was reading your post about you are not able to control your music through your Blaze. Let me step in and give you a couple of advises. Note that this phone is not included in our list of compatible device. This not necessarily mean it wont work, but we cannot guarantee it will support all the features. 

However since you were previously able to control music but now see "Not connected" message on your Blaze, test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these tips:

• On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure to select Blaze (Classic) (Android and Windows users). If you no longer see your tracker yon the list, you need to set it up music control again. Otherwise tap on the device on the Bluetooth list and select Forget device and enable once again the feature of Music Control. This post will provide the steps for this process
  • Confirm that your mobile device is within about 20 feet of your Blaze.
  • In the settings on your Blaze, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your mobile device and when it has started again go to your App manager in your phone settings and look for the Fitbit app to clear the cache and data.
  • Try again to restart your Blaze: 

Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.

Let go of the buttons.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.  Everything you have suggested I do, has been done prior to my post.  My Blaze's firmware updated this morning and I was hoping would provide a fix, but am still finding it not connecting for music control.  I have done all that has been suggested and can be thought of, including removing the app and reinstalling it. 

Everything else has been and is working normally and I regularly clear the cache to ensure it syncs smoothly.  This is the first problem I've had with Blaze since purchasing it about 6 months ago and have found the Xperia to be very compatible with the Fitbit Flex and the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DebMcG, thank you for letting me know all the previous steps I have recommend have been tried before. keep in mind the Xperia Z5 is not listed as compatible in our list of compatible device. Not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. in some occasion may work but is not guarantee will work flawlessly, until the device is not fully tested.

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features.

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes