Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze sync issues with Samsung A5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I've just purchased a Fitbit Blaze and have it all set up ok.  The issue is that the sync function between it and my Samsung A5 is, at best, hit and miss.  It syncs sometimes with no issues at all but then completely stops and if i restart the phone it sees it again and syncs.  I do not change any setting and it works fine for a while but then stops. 

I have "all-day sync" and "always connected" on the app turned on and I leave the bluetooth on with it being "always visible".  So what is missing?

Very frustrating.

Thanks

Tony

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Forums @tonka78. The reason why you are having problems syncing your tracker with your phone is because Samsung A5 is not a compatible phone. I recommend syncing your tracker with a computer or with a Compatible Mobile Device.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me. If that was the case then I'd have thought that it wouldn't sync at all would it? Why does it connect for maybe an hour and then completely stop? Surely there is a way to get them both to talk to each other? Or do I have an expensive watch and phone that just don't get along? That would seem ridiculous to me.

Syncing to a computer is not an answer to me as I'll need a very long extension cable when I go for a jog! This is also my only mobile device I can use. The salesman did not mention this when I was buying the watch so I'm not very happy with this situated at all

Get Outlook for Android

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to hear that it was syncing but since the phone is not compatible we don't guarantee it will work 100% @tonka78. Since the tracker have the SmartTrack feature you can go for a jog and sync later that you will be able to see it at the moment of syncing. 

Catch you later! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's ok but part of the reason I bought the blaze over the other cheaper models was that even though it doesn't have GPS it didn't matter as I'd always have my phone with me for music etc. I discounted one of your rivals purely down to the size but had I known I would have gone for that instead. I wanted the watch go use the GPS of my phone which did impress me at time of purchase.

All the salesman said was that it needed bluetooth connection which my phone obviously has. So is there another way to do this? A different bluetooth app?

Like I said before I am not happy. It does not say anything like that on the box only that you need an android phone.  Well I do but it does not work on it.

Simply using a computer is not an option either as I do not have a home computer  (I use my phone for everything) so could only sync when I'm at work?!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI I am having the exact problem. Had a blaze for Xmas I have a Samsung a5 and it doesn't sync. It did on the 1st day and now nothing.  Really disappointed as my mate has the Samsung a3 (older phone) and she can do absolutely everything with it......   Help please......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Clarence76

Sorry to have to say this but i had to get a new phone (luckily it was a work phone so I didnt pay!) as the A5 isnt supported with the Blaze.  There is a link on the fitbit website which shows all the supported phones - just google it.  Other than that it doesnt work properly.

Cheers

Tony

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @tonka78 and @Clarence76-! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Blaze and Android app. This helps Fitbit to keep improving their products and services. 

Fitbit is the first fitness device to offer Bluetooth Smart syncing with your Android device. Wireless sync has been a frequently requested feature from our Android users, so Fitbit has been eager to get support out as quickly as possible. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. 

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. In the meantime you can try setup your tracker using your computer or another mobile device.

Catch you later! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is phone is not an older model... Seriously considering returning my Blaze and buying another tracker. Can't control music or GPS? Not impressed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any plan to incorporate this device? I am truly disappointed that your response is essentially to " get a new phone."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @RhemaGHuggs! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fitbit app for Android. While we are always working to improve our app's compatibility with the wide range of Android devices available, we have found that certain devices have limitations that we can't resolve.

This may be due to hardware components in the device, outdated versions of Android, or manufacturer imposed limitations. We appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience and we will be posting in the Forums as soon as we have more information. 

In the meantime we'd like to kindly advise you to try setting up your tracker with other compatible mobile device or computer. To do so, you can follow this Setup Guide

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes