Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic and Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since Oreo rolled out, the syncing has been complete trash.  I tried uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone, an rebooting my ionic and it will not re-pair after I completely removed it from the FitBit app.  I get as far as putting the code in and the watch seemingly reboots a few times for no apparent reason.  This thing worked fine on Nougat.  I am on an LG G6 and I do NOT want to hear "it isn't supported" crap.  This phone has been out forever now and it was working fine for over a month.  All of a sudden it stops?  250 dollar watches should not have this problem in 2018.  Please help if you can.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @AAChaoshand.

I understand how you feel about the supported devices list, but it is important to keep it in mind. Specially when you upgraded to Oreo. As it was a month ago, the app was not fully tested with the phone and  thus there  was a possibility of compatibility issues. These only grows with the Oreo upgrade.

Nevertheless, there are some things that you can try as long as the minimum requirements are met. For reference they are Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0. 

Aside from what you have tried, I'd recommend that you try to restart the whole Bluetooth connection by removing your Ionic from your paired Bluetooth devices, not only from your account. Once that is done, try to run the setup process once again. There is a chance that it could work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes