Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app Crashes / Freezes during Activity Tracker use

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app froze the other day when I was using Track Exercise to track a hike from my Charge 2.  It became unresponsive to the pause button, and therefore could not "finish" (save) the hike.  

The entire hike/GPS/map data was lost when I had to re-start my phone.  Has anyone else had an ongoing problem with the Exercise Tracker freezing or crashing?  Are there any known fixes/planned updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ekho, welcome to the Fitbit Community. In order to troubleshoot, please log out from your Fitbit app. As a next step go to your phone settings and then access to the App manager option, look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized again, go back to your app and try again. 

In case the issue persists, I've seen this issue with a small number of users. As a workaround try not to paused the exercise as this may caused the app crashes.

Hope this helps. See you until the next one.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ekho, welcome to the Fitbit Community. In order to troubleshoot, please log out from your Fitbit app. As a next step go to your phone settings and then access to the App manager option, look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized again, go back to your app and try again. 

In case the issue persists, I've seen this issue with a small number of users. As a workaround try not to paused the exercise as this may caused the app crashes.

Hope this helps. See you until the next one.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer