Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crash at login screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I installed the Fitbit app but it keeps crashing when i get to the login screen. 

Uninstall and reinstall didn't help. 

Clearing the app data didn't help. 

Restarting the phone didn't help. 

Using:

LG V10, Android 6.0

Please help. 

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

THANK YOU!!! This solve just gave my scalp a chance to regrow some of the hair I've pulled out trying to fix this same problem. 

Best Answer

Hiya, 

As of today the app has spontaneously started crashing when I try to load it. It started after what appeared to be a sync failure - it was showing yesterday's data under today and had got very confused.

On trying to sync a second time it crashed, logged me out too, and continues to crash again each time I try to load the login screen...

I assumed this was some form of data corruption, so I've deleted the app, tried to wipe caches and so on, but with each re-install it still crashes on the login page.

It was working fine yesterday and as far as I can tell there have been no updates applied to the app or Android OS in the last 24 hours.

Anyone else experienced this? Any tips? Thanks!

Best Answer

Aha - as per https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-crash-at-login-screen/td-p/1976139

It appears to be a Google Play Services issue - I had to allow all permissions, I'd denied phone.

Best Answer

The same thing started happening to me, today.  I just followed the instructions and it now works.

Best Answer

Someone posted a problem with S7 app closing.  My Samsung S6 app has not worked for 3 days.

The message says, "Fitbit has stopped".  Click to restart app but it continues to do the same thing despite, doing all of the usual troubleshooting measures.  

Best Answer

Same problem here. Old app worked fine but now crashes Galaxy ON 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GloP, have you tried the solution above?  

Best Answer

Allowing all permissions worked!

So much for privacy . Earlier I only gave permissions for phone, contacts & storage 

Thank You for your help. Problem solved 

Best Answer

I have tried everything that I've read on this site. I have restarted my phone I have Force stopped the app I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 15 times. I cannot get past the login screen. I'm turning my phone on and off no that does not solve the problem either.

Best Answer

Dear Jsokal,

My installed app just went crazy today morning, I guess there was an app update lately. I am usig this app since Oct 2016.

I have tried every solution suggested here but only your solution helped, thank you.

Nevertheless this is only a temporary solution,  we need to get the app updates anyhow. 

My phone is Samsung J5 2015. 

For fitbit developer, please work on the solution. 

Tx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ysty did you look at @Ugbug's post above. https://comgmunity.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-app-crash-at-login-screen/m-p/2002674/highlight/...

This is also in the aproved solution

This would be a permanent solution since it is telling the operating system to allow fotbit to access memory. Without access the app can only crash..

Also if your going to mention a user please put a @ before tthe name

Best Answer

Dear @Rich_Laue

Thanks for the solution!

Yes all Google apps request all kind of permissions, they even want to know when I am scratching my b*tt... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Xperia x5 with all the latest updates installed. Go to log in and the app crashes. All permissions enabled. Installed/uninstalled around 10 times now. Can't think of anything that works.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pklon as instructed above, have you checked the permissoons of Google Play Services?

The phone settings - Google Play Services - Permissions  make sure everything is enabled, especially memory.

People are finding, especially in Nuget, memory is disabled, and fitbit crashes when trying to log in.

Best Answer

I still kepp my suggestion that fitbit developers nedds to do some work around that is not normal that the fitbit app crashes due to Goggle permissions, since non of my other android apps are crashing at logon and not even they are automatically log me out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately as stated, all the permissions have been enabled, but so far no dice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I allowed my fitbit app to update this week and now my app crashes every time I open it - just as described by everyone else.  But I have tried all the fixes listed in the posts and nothing is helping my situation.  I was perfectly happy with my old version but have not been able to find an old version to install.  How do I do that?  This is extremely frustrating.  Based on the posts, it looks like this has been going on long enough that they should have programed a solution by now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, got it.  I had adjusted the permissions of the fitbit app, which did not help.  The permissions which need to be changed are the permissions of google play services.  Of course, that is what was in the prior posts, I was interpreting incorrectly.  Hey other person who didn't get the solution to work - maybe you did the same thing? 

Best Answer

@Rich_LaueFirstly huge apology and thank you! You explicitly stated, as others had before you, that I needed to check the Google Play permissions, you even walked me through the steps. I wasn't paying attention and instead checking the fitbit app settings. What a dunce!

@jh80863Thank you. Somehow your post made my mistake obvious to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I kept getting the error message of "unfortunately fitbit has stopped" before i could even log in. I figured out to solve this problem you have to go into setting and allow all permissions for google play services and the google play store. As someone new to fitbit this issue started me off on the wrong foot, because if someone wasn't tech savy this problem would be ridiculous to figure out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes