Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crash at login screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I installed the Fitbit app but it keeps crashing when i get to the login screen. 

Uninstall and reinstall didn't help. 

Clearing the app data didn't help. 

Restarting the phone didn't help. 

Using:

LG V10, Android 6.0

Please help. 

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I have a 4 week old Fitbit Alta HR..  this morning when I logged into the app for the first time it crashed on me.  After restarting my cell, trying various things searching these forums and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.. I still can not log in.  My Fitbit didn't come with a dongle.. so even tho I just tried the Windows 10 app I can not sync that way either.  (My laptop is a few years old at this point and doesn't have Bluetooth)

I have no idea what to try next.  I'm getting extremely annoyed.  I had dropped Fitbit last year... my first Flex that worked for 20months (August 2013 I bought it) only got 8months out of the replacement... decided to buy a new one May first.. but.. now.. I'm extremely mad at myself that I wasted $250 trying again.  

Any ideas on how to get the app to stop crashing?  Over and over again..  I get to the point to log in.. but it doesn't bring up the keyboard and after 10seconds crashes/stops.  I have emailed but waiting 2+ business days as I was informed it could take is just making this bad situation even worse.

4 weeks old?  Returnable to Walmart?  If this is how things are going to go with no fix after 2.5hours of wasting my morning trying..  I'm about ready to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @tawnierose

A couple of posts here advise that you need to give access to all Google apps on your device and also give all access to your fitbit app as well, then restart your device.

My issue was solved in this way. 

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing has been changed on my cell from yesterday when everything was fine til this morning except the battery being fully charged up again.  (except at this point I had tried to 'fix' things)  I do not agree with the permissions most apps seem to want and only use about 7 in total.  And they don't have all the features in use/enabled.  Why I need to change permissions on OTHER apps to use Fitbit seems odd to me.. and I know I keep coming back to it but it should have all still been the same.  

I will try this Google play services thing.. but wtf?!  I'm so annoyed.  But thank you for responding directly to me.. better than Fitbit just moving my post with no freaking explanations..  this forum is NOT user friendly at all.  I hope you have a great day!  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But why am i now being asked to allow permission to my phone and storage when it has worked for a year and a half WITHOUT it?  I do not want to allow these permissions.  FitBit doesn't need thiis access!

Edited on: ‎05-30-2017 18:14

YES! This is happening to me! Keep getting the "stopped" message!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone -- If you are still experiencing this app crash at the login screen, please update the app to the latest Android app version 2.50. The app crash has been resolved in this update. For more information, please take a look at this post here

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks guys for you hard work on fixing the issue!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Still not working for me. Biggest waste of time and money ever. Ive updated everything...restarted everything....reset everything...allowed all permissions. Was fine up until 27th june. Im extremley annoyed.

Best Answer

Still doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Willalot, please read the comunity guidlines again!

I don't believe any of the Fitbit users that have donated their time to help out on the board appreciate that remark.

If you would like help from one of the many volunteers it would be nice to know more about the problem like what device is being used to set the Flex 2 up and at what point does the setup process fail.

If you got to the final sync as you state, your tracker should be setup with the latest firmware.

Your problem doesnt sound like a login problem, making me think the thread is being hyjacked. Not cool.

Best Answer
0 Votes