Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashing on Motorola Moto G7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden 2 days ago, my fitbit app started crashing. I rebooted my phone, didn't help. Uninstalled then reinstalled, app won't open. Help? I'm using a Moto G7. I know it's "not supported", but the app was working just fine until literally 2 days ago. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ezrothschild, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. If you haven't already done so, please follow the next steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep in mind that we cannot ensure that all the features of your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app will work as designed due to a compatibility concern, this is because of Android and Fitbit app updates.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! 

I tried all of that, nothing worked. I had my husband install the fitbit app on his phone (we have the same phone) and it worked fine, so clearly something strange was going on with my phone specifically. After backing up everything, I did a factory reset, and the fitbit app works.

Thanks for the response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes